Note 3 keeps downloading software updates

jamieb193

Mar 7, 2014
Visit site
I've just recieved my new note 3 and turned it on. It is on 4.3 and 4.4 isn't available in the UK. It downloads a software update to "Improve stability". After I update it and boot it back up, the update comes back again. It's done it 3 times so far and it's already heating up my phone and killing the battery.

Has anyone got any idea what this is or had the same problem?

Posted via Android Central App

waz ahmer

Mar 18, 2014
Visit site
Hi this is normal it does about 5 in total just accept thease updates, I just bought my note last week and it was updating again and again its all system updates for samsung softwares

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
WElcome to the forums.
I would try putting the device in Airplane mode (to stop it from downloading anything) and try connecting to Kies to see if that can install the update.

jamieb193

Mar 7, 2014
Visit site
Thanks. It's done 7 so far and wants to download another that is 300mb so I've found a way to cancel it and will try when I have access to a computer

jamieb193

Mar 7, 2014
Visit site
Just an update... The 300mb update was the 4.4.2 UK update. Now that has been installed, there's no more updates. Thanks for everyone's advice :)

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Just an update... The 300mb update was the 4.4.2 UK update. Now that has been installed, there's no more updates. Thanks for everyone's advice :)

How are you liking the update so far?

From a Liquid Nexus 5

jamieb193

Mar 7, 2014
Visit site
How are you liking the update so far?

From a Liquid Nexus 5

Apologies for the late response, I'm not able to find my threads on the app so I'm using the PC.

I found the update great, I had no issues at all. WiFi was speedy and signal was good. The device was fast and smoothly transitioned through screens. At the minute though, I've had to box it back up to go back to the store as I am currently experiencing some issues with the screen. It's becoming unresponsive at random moments, and its started to open apps on its own as well as taking its own screenshots. I've reset it 3 times now and the problem still exists so it's going back. It's a real shame too because I love it. It was an insurance replacement for my LG G2.

I shall temporarily revert back to my Lumia 625

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Apologies for the late response, I'm not able to find my threads on the app so I'm using the PC.

I found the update great, I had no issues at all. WiFi was speedy and signal was good. The device was fast and smoothly transitioned through screens. At the minute though, I've had to box it back up to go back to the store as I am currently experiencing some issues with the screen. It's becoming unresponsive at random moments, and its started to open apps on its own as well as taking its own screenshots. I've reset it 3 times now and the problem still exists so it's going back. It's a real shame too because I love it. It was an insurance replacement for my LG G2.

I shall temporarily revert back to my Lumia 625

If it isn't too late try this: http://forums.androidcentral.com/sa...ing-into-recovery-mode-galaxy-s2-s3-tab2.html
Clear the cache partition. Follow the instructions for the S3. What you might be experiencing is a conflict in the cached data from the old version of Android with the new update. I would try that for half a day, and if it still has issues, take it in.

clarkkent27

Mar 15, 2014
Visit site
4.4 is available in the UK as I have it. I have a sim free phone. Depends on your carrier. Updates are good. You are better off on 4.3 anyway. Wish I was on it :(

jamieb193

Mar 7, 2014
Visit site
4.4 is available in the UK as I have it. I have a sim free phone. Depends on your carrier. Updates are good. You are better off on 4.3 anyway. Wish I was on it :(

4.4 wasn't available when this was posted originally. I got it the day afterwards. I'm on an unlocked device with no carrier restrictions as I'm on pay as you go. I don't believe in contracts ever since Three tried to charge me ?188 on a "capped" ?15 per month sim only deal

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals37