Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    31 Global Posts

Default Note 3 keeps downloading software updates

I've just recieved my new note 3 and turned it on. It is on 4.3 and 4.4 isn't available in the UK. It downloads a software update to "Improve stability". After I update it and boot it back up, the update comes back again. It's done it 3 times so far and it's already heating up my phone and killing the battery.

Has anyone got any idea what this is or had the same problem?

Posted via Android Central App

Default Re: Note 3 keeps downloading software updates

Hi this is normal it does about 5 in total just accept thease updates, I just bought my note last week and it was updating again and again its all system updates for samsung softwares

jamieb193 and boudicca00 like this.

Global Posts
    30,895 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Pure Nexus/Franco Kernel

WElcome to the forums.
    I would try putting the device in Airplane mode (to stop it from downloading anything) and try connecting to Kies to see if that can install the update.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Global Posts
    31 Global Posts

Thanks. It's done 7 so far and wants to download another that is 300mb so I've found a way to cancel it and will try when I have access to a computer

5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Global Posts
    31 Global Posts

Just an update... The 300mb update was the 4.4.2 UK update. Now that has been installed, there's no more updates. Thanks for everyone's advice

Global Posts
    30,895 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Pure Nexus/Franco Kernel

Quote Originally Posted by jamieb193 View Post
    Just an update... The 300mb update was the 4.4.2 UK update. Now that has been installed, there's no more updates. Thanks for everyone's advice

How are you liking the update so far?

From a Liquid Nexus 5
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Global Posts
    31 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Golfdriver97 View Post
    How are you liking the update so far?

From a Liquid Nexus 5
    Apologies for the late response, I'm not able to find my threads on the app so I'm using the PC.

I found the update great, I had no issues at all. WiFi was speedy and signal was good. The device was fast and smoothly transitioned through screens. At the minute though, I've had to box it back up to go back to the store as I am currently experiencing some issues with the screen. It's becoming unresponsive at random moments, and its started to open apps on its own as well as taking its own screenshots. I've reset it 3 times now and the problem still exists so it's going back. It's a real shame too because I love it. It was an insurance replacement for my LG G2.

I shall temporarily revert back to my Lumia 625

Global Posts
    30,895 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Pure Nexus/Franco Kernel

Quote Originally Posted by jamieb193 View Post
    Apologies for the late response, I'm not able to find my threads on the app so I'm using the PC.

I found the update great, I had no issues at all. WiFi was speedy and signal was good. The device was fast and smoothly transitioned through screens. At the minute though, I've had to box it back up to go back to the store as I am currently experiencing some issues with the screen. It's becoming unresponsive at random moments, and its started to open apps on its own as well as taking its own screenshots. I've reset it 3 times now and the problem still exists so it's going back. It's a real shame too because I love it. It was an insurance replacement for my LG G2.

I shall temporarily revert back to my Lumia 625
    If it isn't too late try this: [Guide] Rebooting into Recovery Mode for the Galaxy S2, S3, and Tab2.
    Clear the cache partition. Follow the instructions for the S3. What you might be experiencing is a conflict in the cached data from the old version of Android with the new update. I would try that for half a day, and if it still has issues, take it in.

4.4 is available in the UK as I have it. I have a sim free phone. Depends on your carrier. Updates are good. You are better off on 4.3 anyway. Wish I was on it

10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

Global Posts
    31 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by clarkkent27 View Post
    4.4 is available in the UK as I have it. I have a sim free phone. Depends on your carrier. Updates are good. You are better off on 4.3 anyway. Wish I was on it

4.4 wasn't available when this was posted originally. I got it the day afterwards. I'm on an unlocked device with no carrier restrictions as I'm on pay as you go. I don't believe in contracts ever since Three tried to charge me 188 on a "capped" 15 per month sim only deal