Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By rivencap
  • 1 Post By Jonnny4
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    12 Global Posts

Default Music and SD card

Hey everyone. I just bought an SD card for my note 3. I use Google play to download/listen to music. I switched the default location to the SD card so I can keep all of media on the SD card. I wanted to use doubletwist to play music since it has a more intuitive interface for listening to music. However, doubletwist said it can not pull music from the SD card.

Any suggestions? I am running kit kat.

Posted via Android Central App

Default Re: Music and SD card

I use mixzing and got the premium version years ago...works great with music from my sd card.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    12 Global Posts

Thanks. I just downloaded it but I cannot choose the option to pull music from my SD card...only the default emulated/storage

Posted via Android Central App

This is a huge down fall of Google Play Music. You can not pull any songs purchased to a third party app, because it is not on your true ext mirco sd card. It's either on the Google Play Music via Internet access or save it to the phone's sd card memory. You have to physically download the songs to your computer, connect your phone, open the ext micro sd card, drag & drop the song to the card. It's a pain...hope this helps. ☺

Palm Treo line > BlackBerry line > Samsung Galaxy S line > NOW the awesome & powerful Samsung Galaxy Note 3! 😆📱😆
    Palm Treo 600/650/700P/Centro/Blackberry Curve 8330/Tour 9630/Bold 9650/HTC EVO 4G/Samsung Galaxy Epic SII Touch 4G/Samsung Galaxy Epic SIII Touch LTE!!!
    boudicca00 likes this.

Can you use astro file manager to move them to external sd card...that's how I move my music...but my music is not from Google play.

Global Posts
    622 Global Posts
    ROM
    Freeza'sfre3 KitKat 4.4.2

I used to call the music folder on my external card "Music" and it worked fine with Jelly Bean. I had to rename it to "Media" for music players to find it in KitKat.

Global Posts
    121 Global Posts

KitKat killed SD card storage unless an app gets specifically approved by Google to allow it. The only way to get around it is to root and run something like SDFix: KitKat Writable MicroSD.
    boudicca00 likes this.

Or the app is updated properly to use the correct api's.
    Craig
    Phone :: BB880>>BB9000>>Captivate>>Galaxy Note1>>Galaxy Note 3
    Tablet :: B&N Nook >> Xoom >> Nexus 10
    Game/Mini-PC :: Zealz G802 >> Ouya

I just drag and dump all my favorite ripped lossless albums on to the sd card. Same after KitKat.
    I don't want to look at my music. I know where the tracks are that I am in the mood for so I don't need 'organiser' apps and making folders. The Stock music app sorts them fine and I have found sound settings that I like for my quality over ear headphones.
    I will experiment more with sound enhancer apps for a wider soundtage, but I am mostly very happy with My Music.
    Garbage in, garbage out was the old hifi maxim.
    No compressed music files or streaming needed for me.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk Pro
    I know some things, I don't know other things.

Quote Originally Posted by rivencap View Post
    This is a huge down fall of Google Play Music. You can not pull any songs purchased to a third party app, because it is not on your true ext mirco sd card. It's either on the Google Play Music via Internet access or save it to the phone's sd card memory. You have to physically download the songs to your computer, connect your phone, open the ext micro sd card, drag & drop the song to the card. It's a pain...hope this helps. ☺
    Palm Treo line > BlackBerry line > Samsung Galaxy S line > NOW the awesome & powerful Samsung Galaxy Note 3! 😆📱😆
    This is way I avoid buying music from Google play music. It's too much of a faff on to get it to play in my preferred music player app.

Posted from my galaxy note 3
    Live Long and Prosper!