Note 3 headphones volume issue

Jason Humphreys

Mar 29, 2014
Visit site
Hi,

Loving my new note 3, however I have an annoying issue with the headphones... when the phone is held flat the volume is fine but if I put it in my pocket the volume and bass noticeably decreases. Its annoying when your in the gym. I had this with HTC One so can't be device specific... unless its just bad headphones...?

Cheers

Solrighal

Dec 10, 2013
Visit site
I've never heard of anything like this before. What headphones are you using?

Sent from my SM-N9005

Last edited:

Evilguppy

Mar 28, 2014
Visit site
Call me a philistine... but I'm still using my old iPhone 5 ear buds. So far they work better than anything else I've tried.

Spencerdl

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central. It defintely sounds like a headphone issue. I use a couple of different kind, but I'm fond of my BOSE earbuds.....Try a different pair of headphones and see if that helps.....ENJOY the forums

FBA

Banned
Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
That won't help much. My iPOD can get way more DB's than my Note 3. Output volume isn't even close to the same between the two. I have 4-5 ipods and 2 Note 3's. Both the Note 3's have weak output, compared to an iPOD. I have Bose QC3's, Westone in-ear monitors etc...and there is no comparison between the output of a Note 3 vs an iPOD. Even sound-wise, they do not compare. The Note 3 just isn't a good MP3 player.

Solrighal

Dec 10, 2013
Visit site
The Note 3 sold with the Exynos processor uses a Wolfson DAC and is actually a pretty good mp3 player. Also, unlike Apple, all Note 3's will play flac files right out of the box so potentially the Note 3 is an excellent audio player. Add to this an OTG USB cable and hook it up to a good off-board DAC/amp and use a good set of quality headphones and you would be amazed at the results. Use Neutron for playback, by far the best audio player on Android.

Sent from my SM-N9005

FBA

Banned
Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
If I have to add a DAC amp to this, I might as well just use my iPOD, which I have a bunch of and - they have a good 3-6DB more output than the stock Note 3's do.

At one time, with a set of studio headphones I was using that were obviously very inefficient, I used a Headamp to elevate power to them, but my QC3's work fine on my iPOD - the iPOD has just enough output to get 'em going.

With an iPOD, I don't need anything more - just sayin....

Spencerdl

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Just plugged in my BOSE QC 15's and EarBuds to my Verizon Note3, and the sound was AWESOME as usual. Quality sound and volume with my Note3. Once again OP, maybe you should try different headphones.