Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Lightbulb Any really good *location* based (GPS) reminders that WORK WELL ?

I'm looking for a reminder / task app that will remind me to do something BEFORE I leave the house Etc
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Default Re: Any really good *location* based (GPS) reminders that WORK WELL ?

Did I post this in the wrong forum? Or are there just no good location / gps based reminder apps ??

Global Posts
    615 Global Posts

I may be reading your request wrong.... Lots of good apps, but none that read minds.... you want an app to predict when you're going to leave someplace? Technology isn't there yet.

IF you've set up an appointment/meeting (e.g. doctor appt at 1:00 Wednesday), you can easily set reminders/alarms prior to 1:00 based on that appointment.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

I have 20 yards to walk to get into my car. I want an app that will remind me not to forget to take something with me before I leave the parking lot. GPS is suppose to be accurate to within 3-9 yards.

I hope that is more clear.

Tasker, Llama, and AutomateIT are a few apps that have events or actions that can be triggered. I think they all have varying capabilities when it comes to location based triggers.

If you use Bluetooth, then if one is in your car and when turned to On, that could be another method to trigger a calendar or reminder app.
    Thanked by:
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Quote Originally Posted by Dog5000 View Post
    Tasker, Llama, and AutomateIT are a few apps that have events or actions that can be triggered. I think they all have varying capabilities when it comes to location based triggers.

If you use Bluetooth, then if one is in your car and when turned to On, that could be another method to trigger a calendar or reminder app.
    I like the bluetooth idea. Which apps implement that?

AutomateIT Pro is what I use. It has triggers for Bluetooth Device Connected and Disconnected. I have not experimented with this, but you might be able to trigger a calendar event if Bluetooth state changes.

It's highly likely that Tasker and Llama can do this too. I just haven't used them to know for sure.