Fixed my water damaged Note 3! I got pushed in the pool and thought it was dead... Details Inside

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
I know it doesn't sound much for a Note 3 and it's hard but I would be done with it. You know you will lose 10% + PayPal charges if you get a much better price on eBay, but you might not. Just an outside opinion though. $225 back and you have a pristine N5. You didn't lose too much overall. Just a swap down really. Shame the apologetic drunk didn't conpensate. I said enough. People over on the Nexus forum like their phone.

Via my Note 3 on AC.

Nguyenning

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I know it doesn't sound much for a Note 3 and it's hard but I would be done with it. You know you will lose 10% + PayPal charges if you get a much better price on eBay, but you might not. Just an outside opinion though. $225 back and you have a pristine N5. You didn't lose too much overall. Just a swap down really. Shame the apologetic drunk didn't conpensate. I said enough. People over on the Nexus forum like their phone.

Via my Note 3 on AC.

Well the offer is $225 on eBay... here's my ad. I listed it at $280. So after fees, it's probably realistically around $200.

(edited by Moderator) [/url]

Last edited by a moderator:

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
Well the offer is $225 on eBay... here's my ad. I listed it at $280. So after fees, it's probably realistically around $200.

(edited by Moderator)

Yes. Very nice buy for someone in the know. You might get more offers. Some extra stuff (battery, case or wireless) and great box.
I would have said you revived it straight away with Isp Alc but maybe better to let them ask. Compared to others that went for around 300 its very good.

I put my Note 3 back on sale unopened on a buy it now or best offer (didn't realise I bid on a white one on eBay ex Amazon direct!)
Some stupid offers for mine, but that offer is reasonable.

I think you have a certain time to accept or decline. The buy offer stays open. It should do well. Takes a while here to get the money though, probably same for you. Don't let my opinion sway you though. Good luck.

Via my Note 3 on AC.

Last edited by a moderator:

Nguyenning

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Thanks! I'm gonna pass on the $225 offer... and hold out for $250 or more. Maybe someone will jump on it this weekend.
The wallet flip cover case and extra battery should help!

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site

(edited by Moderator) [/url]

Discussion of whether such and such a price would be worth it is fine.

But please do not post links to ebay for your personal items. Please review the marketplace guidelines linked to in my signature.

dpham00, Android Central Moderator
Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
Discussion of whether such and such a price would be worth it is fine.

But please do not post links to ebay for your personal items. Please review the marketplace guidelines linked to in my signature.

I'm sure we both didn't realise the infringement at that time, over a month ago.

But point well made.

Yes, it was a live listing, though he already had offers.

He's a cool guy, got sorted with a deal on a Nexus 5.

Good to know.

Sent from my N9005 using Tapatalk Pro

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I'm sure we both didn't realise the infringement at that time, over a month ago.

But point well made.

Yes, it was a live listing, though he already had offers.

He's a cool guy, got sorted with a deal on a Nexus 5.

Good to know.

Sent from my N9005 using Tapatalk Pro

No problems, I know he meant no harm by it. But still we want to make sure that it is fair for everyone.

dj walpole

Jun 25, 2014
Visit site
I water damage my note 3 and I fixed it but now the touch won't work with my finger but it does with the spen does any one know how to fix it

Posted via Android Central App

jxsilicon9

Aug 10, 2013
Visit site
I water damage my note 3 and I fixed it but now the touch won't work with my finger but it does with the spen does any one know how to fix it

Posted via Android Central App

Digitizer is damaged or flex cable.The S pen has a different flex cable connection. Those flex cables are ridiculous easy to damage.They should really make those things stronger. You can open it up and check the connections on the motherboard.

Ali Khalifeh

Sep 16, 2014
Visit site
Hi,

did u put also the screen in the alcohol? My phone is functioning but the screen brightness is off. does the alcohol work also with screen?

Thanks

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

did u put also the screen in the alcohol? My phone is functioning but the screen brightness is off. does the alcohol work also with screen?

Thanks

Hello. Welcome to Android Central.
Sorry you didn't get a reply. Did you leave it in rice for a day or two and the phone is functioning?
The screen takes a while longer to clear, up to 5 days apparently.

Has it improved since you posted?
Is it / was it just dull, or you have no access to brightness control.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk Pro

iamknoware

May 8, 2013
Visit site
Hi i recently dropped my note 3 in the toilet. I immediately put it in rice for 24 hrs. But now the screen flickers randomly and also it goes black randomly. I can still use the touchscreen and speakers work. Should i try using the alcohol method? If so, do i submerge the screen too? Or should i prepare for my phone to die out?

**update**, touchscreen being barely responsive, screen is black more often. the usb is charging the battery though

Last edited:

Yuna1982

Dec 9, 2014
Visit site
When I read those kind of stories I always wonder what the water indicators look like.
I think specialized people can still tell a phone is water damaged not matter if the stickers are red or white but I'm curious how much liquid is needed to make them red... I hear stories between "moist/sweat already makes them go red" while others say "a decent amount of water, like a very tiny raindrop should be fine". For the people who did open their phone to put it in rice or whatever how did those indicators look?

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Part of triggering a litmus strip to go from white to red (red indicating liquid) is its location.
Back in my BlackBerry days, we used to see a lot of false positive from devices that came from Florida. The indicator was just under the battery door on the rear housing and with Floridas high humidity we often saw them triggered while the internal ones on the board were not.
More manufacturers put them on the actual boards now internally to prevent false positives.
I rely less on those and more on looking for corrosion or evidence of evaporated water on RF shields or the backs of LCD panels. A good trained tech should always be able to spot liquid damage, often times after someone has tried to clean it up. Once a board is damaged and corrosion has started you cant reverse it. The damage is done.