Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default About note 3 battery drain.

    Hi there guys. Few days back I was having a really bad battery life about 4%/hour using facebook, twitter and YouTube. Now it's back to normal about 5 to 6%/hour with same usage. I didn't install any software that could have messed up the battery.

    Anyone knows about it?

    Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
    Using Tapatalk
  2. #2  

    Default Re: About note 3 battery drain.

    That actually sounds good for having the screen on and using things that all require a connection.

    Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.
    Sent from my T-Mobile Note 4 using AC Forums.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

    Default Re: About note 3 battery drain.

    I know, but wanted to know what was wrong few days back 😞

    Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
    Using Tapatalk
  4. #4  

    Default Re: About note 3 battery drain.

    Losing 4% an hour using the phone? I can lose 10-15% in 30 mins when using apps
    Owner of- Galaxy Note 3- Galaxy Note Pro 12.2- Galaxy note 8.0- Galaxy Gear 2
  5. #5  

    Default Re: About note 3 battery drain.

    Did you update your phone to KitKat lately? It has been causing drain problems to many users. Something to do with camera.
    I saw a tip on the Web to install Skype which I did and fixed most of the problem. Apparently Skype overwrites some problem-causing files that come with KitKat.

    Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

    Default Re: About note 3 battery drain.

    Quote Originally Posted by AndroidvsOS View Post
    Did you update your phone to KitKat lately? It has been causing drain problems to many users. Something to do with camera.
    I saw a tip on the Web to install Skype which I did and fixed most of the problem. Apparently Skype overwrites some problem-causing files that come with KitKat.

    Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
    I didn't update to KitKat. As I have read battery consumption is bad. I regret updating my phone to MJ7.

    Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
    Using Tapatalk
  7. #7  

    Default Re: About note 3 battery drain.

    Still reading about it. Just read a post from another site saying Skype itself is the reason. Guy says his problem gone after uninstalling Skype! Another recommends removing both Skype and twitter. I will try it.

    Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
  8. #8  

    Default Re: About note 3 battery drain.

    @Amir - I made sure I have taken my medication before asking - but you meant the other way around, right. Losing 4% per hour is better than 5-6%. So now you are back to 4% ph.
    As Almeuit said, I can't see that as bad. Thats 12 hours for 50 - 70%.

    Sent from my N9005 using Tapatalk Pro



    Sent from my N9005 using Tapatalk Pro
    I know nothing. Caution: I can edit and delete for no reason.
    Thanked by:
    Amir 
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

    Default Re: About note 3 battery drain.

    Quote Originally Posted by Madd54 View Post
    @Amir - I made sure I have taken my medication before asking - but you meant the other way around, right. Losing 4% per hour is better than 5-6%. So now you are back to 4% ph.
    As Almeuit said, I can't see that as bad. Thats 12 hours for 50 - 70%.

    Sent from my N9005 using Tapatalk Pro



    Sent from my N9005 using Tapatalk Pro
    You are right. 😀

    Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
    Using Tapatalk
    Thanked by:
  10. #10  
    FBA
    FBA is offline
    FBA's Avatar

    Posts
    697 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,337 Global Posts

    Default Re: About note 3 battery drain.

    Quote Originally Posted by AndroidvsOS View Post
    Still reading about it. Just read a post from another site saying Skype itself is the reason. Guy says his problem gone after uninstalling Skype! Another recommends removing both Skype and twitter. I will try it.

    Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
    I have Skype installed on my Note 3, and battery drain runs at .9%/ hour. I have used 18% battery in 20 hours as of now. Wherever you read what you read posted by whoever, somewhere on the Internet, it sounds like a crock of sh!t to me.
    Converted lifetime BlackBerry user, now on Samsung Note 3...
    Bye bye Blackberry, forever.
  11. #11  

    Default Re: About note 3 battery drain.

    http://forums.androidcentral.com/sho....php?p=3591578

    You might be right, so just the same this thread might be one of those you're talking about :-)

    Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-15-2014, 05:11 PM
  2. Note 2 (i317m) case
    By mjohnsoniii in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 2
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 04-09-2014, 10:01 PM
  3. Another battery life post
    By SpankN in forum Samsung Galaxy S3
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-01-2014, 07:46 PM
  4. Asus Memopad FHD 10 LTE (severe battery drain).
    By Rick Garza in forum ASUS MeMO Pad 10
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-31-2014, 04:41 PM

Posting Permissions