What should I do?? Refresh issues with weather and email when on wifi, Facebook lag

jsreen

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
In just the last few days I've been seeing some small issues with my Note 3. Things like my Weather Channel app not refreshing, certain folders on my email not refreshing and then sometimes lag on things like Facebook. Last night I took out the battery and did the cache clear with no luck. Reinstalled weather channel app and it worked Ok after that then started doing the same thing this morning. When I left the house and got on the 4G LTE it worked again, but got back home it didn't (wifi). When I shut down wifi it still wouldn't update. So I'm not sure what to do next. I'm also one of those guys that still hasn't even seen a hint of the available kit kat update either. Anyhow, what are some recommendations on how I can fix this issue?? Thanks.

Posted via Android Central App

jsreen

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
When you say you cleared the cache, did you do that in recovery?

I'm not big on the technical terms so I:

Pulled battery
Popped battery back in and pressed volume up, home and power buttons until the menu popped up. Scrolled down to cache clear and selected that. Then I rebooted the phone.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I'm not big on the technical terms so I:

Pulled battery
Popped battery back in and pressed volume up, home and power buttons until the menu popped up. Scrolled down to cache clear and selected that. Then I rebooted the phone.

Ok, that's recovery.

It might be an issue with the app itself. Have you tried emailing the developer about it?

jsreen

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
Ok, that's recovery.

It might be an issue with the app itself. Have you tried emailing the developer about it?

Ok, thanks. I'll give that a try. But it's strange that some of my other apps are doing the same type of stuff. They do end up loading only it takes a while.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Ok, thanks. I'll give that a try. But it's strange that some of my other apps are doing the same type of stuff. They do end up loading only it takes a while.

I forgot about the other apps acting up. Kept seeing/thinking about the weather one.

Who is your carrier? You may not have a decent connection to the net.

jsreen

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
I'm on AT&T. Nothing has changed around the house or with my connection. Was just wondering if it was some bugs starting to surface. I emailed the weather channel about the app so we'll see what they say. I bought the phone for screen size only. I just use a handful of apps so a lot of the phones capabilities go unused. That's what has me wondering. Zero issues up until these last few days.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindagibney