Best replacement for the Samsung in-ears?

SwiiftYz

Mar 31, 2014
Visit site
Hopefully I'm posting this in the right section..

I got my N3 back in September and have been using the Samsung in-ear headphones a lot but being an audiophile when it comes to over ear headphones I want to upgrade as most of the time the Samsung in-ears are always falling out.

Can anyone recommend any that work well with Android? I'd like to be able to skip track using a controller but it's not necessary. Price, I'd like to spend up to $100 (Hopefully it converts to ? okay).

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Amazon has a bunch. The klipsch s4a is pretty popular. You can also get a Bluetooth headset. I got the jaybird bluebuds x for $130,though it is a bit above your budget. There are lower priced Bluetooth headsets too.

dpham00, Android Central Moderator
Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro

TheMacs

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
First, Welcome to the group.

The factory headphones are something I always donate to the kids, who are always losing them.

I have two pair I like well under your price range I believe, etymotic and Klipsch. I think they were both around $50-$60 (or 30-37GBP yes).

But as I'm sure you know, headphone preference is highly subjective. Your best bet is to test as many as you can until you find what suits you.

Good luck.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
S4i are iPhone specific headphones and the forward and back buttons probably won't work. You need the s4a

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
Amazon has a bunch. The klipsch s4a is pretty popular. You can also get a Bluetooth headset. I got the jaybird bluebuds x for $130,though it is a bit above your budget. There are lower priced Bluetooth headsets too.

While I like the Jaybird bluebuds x blue tooth gear in general will never appeal to audiophiles since they never will have that sound there looking for at least in a price /sound ratio. Bluetooth compresses the song and if your using files like aac (apple) or mp3 the files are compressed already so your compressing a file that is already compressed. I would suggest the shure 215 for value or the 315/415/515

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

FBA

Banned
Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
Hopefully I'm posting this in the right section..

I got my N3 back in September and have been using the Samsung in-ear headphones a lot but being an audiophile when it comes to over ear headphones I want to upgrade as most of the time the Samsung in-ears are always falling out.

Can anyone recommend any that work well with Android? I'd like to be able to skip track using a controller but it's not necessary. Price, I'd like to spend up to $100 (Hopefully it converts to ? okay).
If you're an Audiophile, as you stated, spend a few bucks and buy a set of Westone's, either the 2-way or 3-way in-ear monitors. Not cheap, but they are very efficient @ 120 db @1mq and sound quality just can't be touched!

UM20's or UM30's would be a great starter...I have them now (UM2C's - older model) going on 7 years and I use 'em on an iPOD while riding my bikes. Amazon has crazy deals on them every once in a while, selling below cost.

SwiiftYz

Mar 31, 2014
Visit site
This is where I'm having such a problem finding a pair I want/can afford, the Shure 215 (or any model) look brilliant for what I want, problem being over here they're ?92.99 which is about ?30 out of my price range. I'm unable to find anything mentioned on the Zagg earbuds as they don't appeal to be sold in the UK.

I wouldn't be willing to give Bluetooth a shot as Closing stated, It's re-compressing the file.

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
The Sony XBA 1 is decent if you can find a legit pair on ebay under $100 bucks ( I did about 8 months ago and were great)... As I stated before the shure SE 215 are great for $109 I believe on Amazon.com

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
While I like the Jaybird bluebuds x blue tooth gear in general will never appeal to audiophiles since they never will have that sound there looking for at least in a price /sound ratio. Bluetooth compresses the song and if your using files like aac (apple) or mp3 the files are compressed already so your compressing a file that is already compressed. I would suggest the shure 215 for value or the 315/415/515

No argument there. They sound good for what they are though. But if you don't care about bt, there are better sounding headphones at the price for sure . The thing I like about the jaybird and by in February is that volume up and down and forward and backward work great on iPhone and Android alike

SwiiftYz

Mar 31, 2014
Visit site

Spencerdl

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I currently use LG 730+ Bluetooth earbuds. The sound for voice and music is good....for better sound with music I use my BOSE QC15 or BOSE earbuds and they stay in my ear with no problems.

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
I currently use LG 730+ Bluetooth earbuds. The sound for voice and music is good....for better sound with music I use my BOSE QC15 or BOSE earbuds and they stay in my ear with no problems.

The bose aren't really that good for the price and it's like $200?

I'm currently looking at these as you said XBA 1, http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sony-XBA-H1...ag=hawk-future-21&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU3548639
Now they look decent, have good reviews so I may take a chance on them.

Yea those are pretty good I would guess they are similar to the xba-1 that I had without the h

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
I posted recently on a headphone thread running a year in General News and Discussions - "What kind of headphones do you use?". I got a few ideas there for in ear headphones. Sony MDR-1, Sennheiser cx-300's I think.

I use over ear phones at home, previous in-ear set from GS2 when out for radio listening. (My Note 3 box is staying closed! lol)

Sorry I don't know how to put a link.
I think this thread will keep running with new recommendations any way.

The OP on the other thread knew his stuff though. Good luck.

Via my Note 3 on AC.

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
I posted recently on a headphone thread running a year in General News and Discussions - "What kind of headphones do you use?". I got a few ideas there for in ear headphones. Sony MDR-1, Sennheiser cx-300's I think.

I use over ear phones at home, previous in-ear set from GS2 when out for radio listening. (My Note 3 box is staying closed! lol)

Sorry I don't know how to put a link.
I think this thread will keep running with new recommendations any way.

The OP on the other thread knew his stuff though. Good luck.

Via my Note 3 on AC.

He has asked for In ears which the sony mdr-1 isn't. The sennhesier cx-300 are decent but the sony xba-h1 is a single balanced armature which brings some solid sound for the price.

If you want to bring up over ears I have the v-moda crossfade m-100 which are amazing but $300 dollars

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

TiENTi

Feb 17, 2014
Visit site
DD, cool I have been looking at these Swedish earphones, saw they have had very good reviews plus I already use the app with my current headset. The app is by far the best headset app on the market. I especially like the fact that when you plug in the earphones you can make a target app start. I use SOUNDCLOUD (another Swedish company) and it launches automatically when i go home from work. Marvelous!

The app is free and works with nearly any headset (I think) https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...om.shengande.degausslabs&hl=sv&token=bq6RiCb-

Rngrthndr

Apr 2, 2014
Visit site
I also am looking at the a-Jays five. They have the best sound quality and controls for the android. The app is awesome as well

Posted via Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol