Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 19 of 19
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By dpham00
  • 1 Post By dpham00
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default cpu in Note SM-N9005??

    I just bought my Note 3, but I'm curious about something.I see there is bunch of versions with different cpu inside.
    How can I check what cpu is inside my Note 3 (snapdragon or cortex)??android 4.4. installed on it.
  2. #2  

    Default

    I have those. You're fine. N9005's are European and International models if you are outside the US.
    They have the Snapdragon (wotsit - 800?) quad core @ 2.3, 4k video, 4G/LTE capability. An app like AnTuTu will read your phone. There are probably better apps for that.
    The N9000 is a far eastern model imported here out of region, these are 3g only, no 4k video and an 8/octa core Exynos processor.
    US versions generally have a N900 designation with a letter, similar spec to yours, but I stand to be corrected on this.

    There is a way of checking which market your phone was designed for if bought online, through checking it's CSC number.

    Via my Note 3 on AC.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

    Default Re: cpu in Note SM-N9005??

    Where is CSC number located and where should I input it.
    Yep I'm in eastern Europe,I think this one is made in France,all the text on box was in French and GUI too.
    I'm happy if it's really snapdragon,I will check with antutu later.Thank you.
  4. #4  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by paparazzo79 View Post
    Where is CSC number located and where should I input it.
    Yep I'm in eastern Europe,I think this one is made in France,all the text on box was in French and GUI too.
    I'm happy if it's really snapdragon,I will check with antutu later.Thank you.
    I'm in London. I found this earlier and posted on a thread here a few weeks ago. "Note 3: How to find Region Code.

    You will find your CSC number on the 3rd line when you enter *#1234#.

    It's a little complicated to search with the CSC code on the Sammobile. com website. You will need to sign in and use a 2nd search box in the firmware section I think. I can do it for you in about 8 hours. Regards.

    ADDED: The CSC is really only useful to find when or if KitKat is out for your model. If you have a French or other that was initially locked for the correct region (EU) you should be fine.

    Via my Note 3 on AC.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

    Default Re: cpu in Note SM-N9005??

    OK my CSC is:
    CSC: N9005OXXENA5
    Thanked by:
    Madd54 
  6. #6  

    Default Re: cpu in Note SM-N9005??

    US versions have the qualcomm snapdragon 800

    dpham00, Android Central Moderator
    Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro
    Thanked by:
    Madd54 
    Madd54 likes this.
  7. #7  

    Default cpu in Note SM-N9005??

    Edit: nm thr sm-9005 is the snapdragon 800 CPU after researching it again . For some reason I thought it was the exynos CPU


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Samsung Galaxy Note 4- Verizon
    Motorola Droid Turbo - Verizon
    Samsung Galaxy Note 4- t-mobile
    Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5 32GB Wifi
    Apple iPad Air 2 128GB
    Samsung Galaxy Note 3- T-mobile
    Nexus 5 32GB
    Samsung Galaxy S4 AT&T
    Samsung Galaxy S3 AT&T
    Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket AT&T
    iPhone 4 AT&T
    iPhone 3GS AT&T
  8. #8  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Closingracer View Post
    The sm-n9005 has the octa core CPU that samsung makes with the 2 quad core chips ( I want ) . I wish they sold that variant in the states since I don't see any logical reason not since the note 2 had the exynos CPU in there so samsung does have the radios required with the exynos to run in the US LTE bands. I just want the wolfson Dac on the exynos compared to the crappy one on the Qualcomm soc. I hoped samsung took a page out of lg book and added the wolfson Dac with the snapdragon 800 CPU like lg did


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Thats not correct. Only the SM-N9000 which you probably meant. The trade off there is 3g and no 4k. I think the consensus is the quad core @ 2.3 is better though less cores, but I am in water I can't wade in here. I think octa + cores will be more useful and efficient in the future. You're probably right about DAC's.
    All US versions have the same basic hardware as our N-9005 then, just extra carrier and radio add ons.
    Dpham00 is the man for this.

    Via my Note 3 on AC.
  9. #9  

    Default Re: cpu in Note SM-N9005??

    Quote Originally Posted by Madd54 View Post
    Thats not correct. Only the SM-N9000 which you probably meant. The trade off there is 3g and no 4k. I think the consensus is the quad core @ 2.3 is better though less cores, but I am in water I can't wade in here. I think octa + cores will be more useful and efficient in the future. Apparently later Qualcomm's from 800 don't have an fm radio capability, I read very recently. You're probably right about DAC's. Dpham00?

    Via my Note 3 on AC.
    Yea I edited that out once I googled it ....I was thinking that was that model and got em mixed up


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Samsung Galaxy Note 4- Verizon
    Motorola Droid Turbo - Verizon
    Samsung Galaxy Note 4- t-mobile
    Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5 32GB Wifi
    Apple iPad Air 2 128GB
    Samsung Galaxy Note 3- T-mobile
    Nexus 5 32GB
    Samsung Galaxy S4 AT&T
    Samsung Galaxy S3 AT&T
    Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket AT&T
    iPhone 4 AT&T
    iPhone 3GS AT&T
  10. #10  

    Default Re: cpu in Note SM-N9005??

    EDIT TOO: Yes crossed in the mail.

    Via my Note 3 on AC.
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

    Default Re: cpu in Note SM-N9005??

    antutu:
    cpu model: qualcomm snapdragon MSM8974 so it is snapdragon.I'm so lucky.
    Result after benchmark: 26718

    kinda strange with results: it's far beyond samsung galaxy note 3 (1st place) and sony xperia z ultra (2nd)
    wtf?They all have same cpu don't they?
  12. #12  

    Default Re: cpu in Note SM-N9005??

    I believe the octa core versions are big. LITTLE configuration. Quad a7 + quad a15. Keep in mind that on the note 3, even though it has two quad cores, they cannot operate simultaneously. For light load, it uses the a7,heavy load it switches to a15.



    As stated above, these do not have 4GLTE.
    dpham00, Android Central Moderator
    Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro
    Thanked by:
    Madd54 
  13. #13  

    Default Re: cpu in Note SM-N9005??

    Quote Originally Posted by paparazzo79 View Post
    antutu:
    cpu model: qualcomm snapdragon MSM8974 so it is snapdragon.I'm so lucky.
    Result after benchmark: 26718

    kinda strange with results: it's far beyond samsung galaxy note 3 (1st place) and sony xperia z ultra (2nd)
    wtf?They all have same cpu don't they?
    I got that once recently but I think it needs a good signal or all to be on. I can get above or below 36000 generally, and it tells me I have the BEST phone ever.
    Many will tell you these tests are configured to impress by the manufacturer so can't be trusted, and this is probably true. Just a bit of fun. "Mine is better than yours" right now, but you should get higher.

    Via my Note 3 on AC.
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #14  

    Default Re: cpu in Note SM-N9005??

    Quote Originally Posted by Madd54 View Post
    I got that once recently but I think it needs a good signal or all to be on. I can get above or below 36000 generally, and it tells me I have the BEST phone ever.
    Many will tell you these tests are configured to impress by the manufacturer so can't be trusted, and this is probably true. Just a bit of fun. "Mine is better than yours" right now, but you should get higher.



    Via my Note 3 on AC.
    But why such a low score?and note 3 on first place even if this is note 3 phone...kinda weird :P
  15. #15  

    Default Re: cpu in Note SM-N9005??

    Quote Originally Posted by dpham00 View Post
    I believe the octa core versions are big. LITTLE configuration. Quad a7 + quad a15. Keep in mind that on the note 3, even though it has two quad cores, they cannot operate simultaneously. For light load, it uses the a7,heavy load it switches to a15.



    As stated above, these do not have 4GLTE.
    dpham00, Android Central Moderator
    Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro
    I knew that basically. So with current loads do you think the faster quad cores are better on the Note 3. And going forward faster octa-cores will be better at multi tasking and efficiency, as I was saying earlier.

    Via my Note 3 on AC.
  16. #16  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by paparazzo79 View Post
    But why such a low score?and note 3 on first place even if this is note 3 phone...kinda weird :P
    It's just a smoke screen, most don't take it seriously from what I have read. You will get a score around 35000 most times. I got your score once but I think I found some settings off or no signal. Only tested about 6 times. Fun.




    Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk Pro
  17. #17  

    Default Re: cpu in Note SM-N9005??

    This was my very first Note 3 score. I got so excited that I had a unique phone I was on hold to Samsung in S. Korea for 90 minutes to ask if they wanted to buy it back. Meanwhile I was conposing an eBay listing for 1,000,000.00.
    I calmed down.

    Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk Pro
  18. #18  

    Default Re: cpu in Note SM-N9005??

    Quote Originally Posted by Madd54 View Post
    I knew that basically. So with current loads do you think the faster quad cores are better on the Note 3. And going forward faster octa-cores will be better at multi tasking and efficiency, as I was saying earlier.

    Via my Note 3 on AC.
    Speed alone doesn't mean faster, but honestly I am not sure. Haven't tried out the octa core version so can't really comment.

    Also future octa cores will be better as they will be able to use both quad cores simultaneously, but the note 3 can't do this.

    dpham00, Android Central Moderator
    Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro
    Thanked by:
    Madd54 
    Madd54 likes this.
  19. #19  

    Default Re: cpu in Note SM-N9005??

    Quote Originally Posted by paparazzo79 View Post
    OK my CSC is:
    CSC: N9005OXXENA5
    That CSC came up as from these areas (Hungary, Poland, Baltic -)
    The PDA is the same as the AP number in that code.
    It shows that KitKat is already out for that CSC, most are now, and you say you have it anyway.
    Why it has French I don't know, maybe it was destined to be imported to a supplier there, but it doesn't matter, all countries will be the same in that region locked area. in case you don't have an EU region lock sticker on the box, remember you can only use it in a different world area when travelling only after you have used a local EU sim for a few days for some calls texts and data (apparently). Regards.
    ------------------------------------


    Firmware N9005OXXENA5 Search result

    Model Country/Carrier Date Version PDA CSC


    SM-N9005 Hungary 2014 January 4.4.2 N9005XXUENA6 N9005OXXENA5
    SM-N9005 Baltic 2014 January 4.4.2 N9005XXUENA6 N9005OXXENA5
    SM-N9005 Poland 2014 January 4.4.2 N9005XXUENA6 N9005OXXENA5

Similar Threads

  1. Please help me I have a very necessary 3 great problems in Tablet
    By Bakkor Ahmed in forum Google Nexus 7 Tablet (2013)
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-05-2014, 07:16 PM
  2. FM Radio on Sprint Note 3
    By nirajvashi in forum Sprint Samsung Galaxy Note 3
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-04-2014, 12:50 AM
  3. Radios in Galaxy S5
    By Murphy5111 in forum Samsung Galaxy S5
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 04-01-2014, 10:38 PM
  4. cant open s note template or pre installed notes
    By waz ahmer in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 3
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-01-2014, 07:44 AM
  5. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-01-2014, 05:42 AM

Posting Permissions