Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By Closingracer
  • 1 Post By Spencerdl
  • 1 Post By Closingracer
  • 1 Post By Spencerdl
  • 1 Post By Closingracer
  • 1 Post By w7sg
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Over the head, wired head set with microphone for Note 3

Hi all,

I would like to go "wired" instead of Bluetooth. Wondering what you are using?

Thx
    Banned

Global Posts
    3,745 Global Posts

Default Re: Over the head, wired head set with microphone for Note 3

I have the V-moda M-100 but they are $300 dollars and music quality was a priority over microphone though it does have 1... I love V-moda and the build quality and maybe the LP which is around $100-130 or so is a decent choice ( really bass heavy) or the brand new XS which is on the ear for $200
    Madd54 likes this.

I like the BOSE Q15, they sound great to ME. I've tried a lot of headphones over the years and these are good for ME. Everyones ears are different and like different sounds, IMO BOSE allows you to hear ALL the music.
    Madd54 likes this.

I would always go wired. Can bluetooth really compare? I don't know. I have high bit rate files.

Via my Note 3 on AC.
    Sent from this thing using a finger.

Exaggerating since 756 BC

Take Note: I'm a Stickler for Detial
    Banned

Global Posts
    3,745 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Madd54 View Post
    I would always go wired. Can bluetooth really compare? I don't know. I have high bit rate files.

Via my Note 3 on AC.
    Short answer is no.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Thanked by:
    Madd54 
    Banned

Global Posts
    3,745 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by spencerdl View Post
    I like the BOSE Q15, they sound great to ME. I've tried a lot of headphones over the years and these are good for ME. Everyones ears are different and like different sounds, IMO BOSE allows you to hear ALL the music.
    Active noise cancellation headphones while for you might be good headphones with active noise cancellation will never have the best sound for the price ....long story short version why is the stuff that makes it active noise cancellation effects sound quality ( this is also not scientific)

Madd54 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Closingracer View Post
    Active noise cancellation headphones while for you might be good headphones with active noise cancellation will never have the best sound for the price ....long story short version why is the stuff that makes it active noise cancellation effects sound quality ( this is also not scientific)

OPINION.......
    Banned

Global Posts
    3,745 Global Posts

OPINION.......
    Head-if.org

Have you ever tried BOSE Q15? or just read what what other people think.
    Madd54 likes this.
    Banned

Global Posts
    3,745 Global Posts

Have you ever tried BOSE Q15? or just read what what other people think.
    In store yes ...using my own music player. They are the best active noise cancellation headphones but I prefer noise quality over noise cancellation. I'm not saying you liking it is a bad choice but just informing people in general active noise cancellation headphones wouldn't sound as good as ones with like passive noise cancellation in the same price range

In store yes ...using my own music player. They are the best active noise cancellation headphones but I prefer noise quality over noise cancellation. I'm not saying you liking it is a bad choice but just informing people in general active noise cancellation headphones wouldn't sound as good as ones with like passive noise cancellation in the same price range

Once again SPECULATION....I like the sound of BOSE and that's all that really matters.
    Banned

Global Posts
    3,745 Global Posts

Once again SPECULATION....I like the sound of BOSE and that's all that really matters.
    Speculation ? Lol ok. Your right it's all that matters to you ....but still proven active noise cancellation effects sound quality

Speculation ? Lol ok. Your right it's all that matters to you ....but still proven active noise cancellation effects sound quality

Yeah OK....Compared to V-Moda I suppose. BOSE has been a standard in the audio business for a while....I guess because people think their products sound...oh I don't know...Maybe ...GREAT
    Banned

Global Posts
    3,745 Global Posts

Yeah OK....Compared to V-Moda I suppose. BOSE has been a standard in the audio business for a while....I guess because people think their products sound...oh I don't know...Maybe ...GREAT
    I don't buy Bose and I require great sounding products

People buy beats because they think it sounds "great" ...while I would buy Bose way before beats and they aren't terrible you can find better for the same price

Well, I'm glad you like your "great" sounding products.....thats all that matters. ENJOY

People buy beats because they think it sounds "great" ...while I would buy Bose way before beats and they aren't terrible you can find better for the same price
    Once again people hear and see things differently. What you might think is a train, might just be a Tornado.

My highly biased unsubstantiated opinion is that Beats by Dr Dre!! LOL have been a young generation style icon adopted by HP that have no actual history in audio. I may actually like them, though not when I tried 2 models in store with their mp3 music.

Bose is a bigger annoyance for me. I have heard their surround systems a few years ago with the little speakers. They can impress initially because of their size and again are ok for movies.
    But that Bose Wave 3 sided radio / dab/ cd/ ipod player in black or white with slats, that has been more or less the same for 20 years I really don't get.
    I have spent time with them house sitting in 2 houses. Over priced 'Emporers new Clothes' rubbish people buy to impress.
    I wish I had the money to try out their real audio, they must have great expertise.
    I can certainly accept their headphones could be excellent.
    Noise cancellation affecting sonic performance sounds logical, but may not affect the sound in practice, especially if there is no external noise to cancel. *(Though I forget how they work)

I have always been biased against Bose with their dsigner stores, because they seem aimed at people who want an expensive name. Maybe they will read this and give me freebies.

I am currently an open back Grado man.

Via my Note 3 on AC.

Banned

Global Posts
    3,745 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Madd54 View Post
    Enough guys. My highly biased unsubstantiated opinion is that Beats by Dr Dre!! LOL have been a young generation style icon adopted by HP that have no actual history in audio. I may actually like them, though I tried 2 models in store with their mp3 music.

Bose is a bigger annoyance for me. I have heard their surround systems a few years ago with the little speakers. They can impress initially because of their size and again are ok for movies.
    But that 3 sided radio / dab/ cd/ipod player in black or white with slats, (I'm not going to look it up in a sunny park) that has been more or less the same for 20 years I really don't get. I have spent time with them house sitting in 2 houses. Over priced 'Emporers new Clothes' rubbish people buy to impress.
    I wish I had the money to try out their real audio, they must have great expertise, but I would worry who their products are targeting.
    I can certainly accept their headphones could be excellent.
    Noise cancellation affecting sonic performance sounds logical, but may not affect in practice, especially if there is no external noise to cancel. *(Though I forget how they work)

I have always been biased against Bose with their dsigner stores, because they seem aimed at people who want an expensive name. Maybe they will read this and give me freebies. I may delete this rubbish later.

I am currently an open back Grado man.

Via my Note 3 on AC.
    Active noise cancellation in no scientific reasoning but is true is the headphones has mics the listen to outside noise and basically takes that and counters it with the opposite frequency (something like that) to cancel out that noise. Bose Qc15 is one of the best and is probably the Best active noise cancellation headphones in the market and if you need active noise cancellation for a plane ride or noisy house then i would suggest those over other brands that use active noise cancellation like Beats Studios (solely based on active noise cancellation) to name another one . The electronics that make the active noise cancellation will affect the sound quality. The Bose Qc15 and even their other products like IE2 aren't "bad" products but if your looking for the most bang for your buck for pure sound quality $299.99 for the Qc15 sound quality a bit to much. I would value the QC15 on pure sound quality around $200
    Spencerdl likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by w7sg View Post
    Hi all,

I would like to go "wired" instead of Bluetooth. Wondering what you are using?

Thx
    This thread was hijacked from the OP.

So V-Moda x 3 models?, and Bose Q15.

More wired headband 'phones with mic ?
    Price range tbc ?

Via my Note 3 on AC.

20. Thread Author  Thread Author    #20  

Yes, thx, with Microphone.
    Thanked by:
    Madd54 
    Madd54 likes this.

I am a newbie on all this stuff, with that said, I got these.
    Sony MDR 1RBT MK2.

Our Note 3 has apt-X the Sony has apt-X. Plus I can go wired and get Hi Res Audio. The apt-x Bluetooth playing hi bit audio files is killer.

Again, I am a newbie

Samsung Galaxy Note 4/32gb/Black/128gb SD Card (Batman)
    Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4/16gb/Black/64gb SD Card
    Samsung Galaxy Gear S Black(Robin)

Sennheiser M2 Wireless
    Sony MDR 1RBTMK2
    Harman Kardon BT
    74, old, dirty and fast!!

I use my old iPhone earbuds with my note 3. Surprisingly the sound is very good.