sound in earphones quite bad,any help?

paparazzo79

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
Woow I just put and tried to play some of my fav mp3 tracks.Previously I had Galaxy S3.Then when I put earphones and let the mp3 play,the sound quality is awful.
No bass no nothing.The sound is very poor,and I had to volume max to even hear normally.I mean huge difference compared to Galaxy S3.What's your experience with music played on this phone?Or do I need additional program or to set something?I'm running android 4.4.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
First, make sure the plug is pushed in all the way. If the plug is only partially in, the sound will not be normal.

If the plug is all the way in and the sound is still poor, then maybe there is some debris (like lint) caught in the jack. Use a damp toothpick to root around, or a can of compressed air to blow it out.

If the sound is still poor, then test it with a different pair of headphones, to make sure the problem isn't with the headphones themselves.

EDIT: LOL, I was typing this note at the same time you were figuring out the problem. Glad it's fixed!

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
Try "small room' mode and set equaliser manually + other options to try, bass boost, etc if using the stock music player.
I put the CSC result in the other thread.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk Pro