Hot batteries

anon24860

May 19, 2010
Visit site
I think I might have discovered why some have had an overheated battery.

I suspect that it boils down to the type of case being used.

I've used a Spigen Bounce since I got the phone. I've never had a hot phone, even when streaming Netflix through the hotspot.

The other day, I got the Seido that Android Central had in a daily special (the one with the kickstand and the hard shell and flexible liner). Today I was streaming Netflix and when I picked up the phone, it felt hot for the first time ever. So I checked and it was at 110?. I had never once seen a 100? temp. So I took off the case and the temp dropped to right at 100.

I suspect that anyone with a hard case is going to see those type of temps under heavy usage. It just goes with the territory. I doubt that is a "phone problem".

Posted via Android Central App

Kelly Burby

Banned
Nov 26, 2013
Visit site
Yes, exactly I've seen the same thing with my device when I use my device with the cover it get's more heated in the back but if i use it without any cover then it just don't seem to get much heated. But still i love my phone back :'( i.e the back of my device is completely while and I just love it but in order to safeguard it from the scratches, I have develop my own way I cover the back of my device with the laminated sheets, this keeps my device safe from the scratches and it is also safe from the over heating of the battery. Best solution for it is to get your device laminated and i am sure you can find a number of designed laminated sheets which helps your device in looking cool.

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
I can use my Seidio Dilex case, Spigen neo hybrid, or naked and it stays cool. The only time it gets to 115 degrees is when I pull my Samsung charging back cover off, put on the charging coil, and wirelessly charge. So for me, cases make no difference.

anon24860

May 19, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, it's not a problem most of the time, only when the phone is operating at max capacity. The thing is, if you have a lightweight case like the Bounce, it's never an issue.

This is really more for people who are worried that their phone has an unusual problem. They probably don't, especially if they have a hard case/liner case system. It's just going to trap the heat. I've started taking the case off when using the hotspot to stream movies.

I've only used the car at work in my shirt pocket one day and I didn't notice any extra heat but I didn't know that there was even an issue with the case at the time. When I go back to work Sat., I'm going to check it out and see if it gets over 100?. I'm just curious at this point. I've like the fact that my phone usually stays around 90? under normal use, but that won't keep me from using the new case. I'll just be shedding it when I'm streaming Netflix at home. And yes, it's a Dilex as well. I like it although I really prefer the Bounce because the Dilex is a little bulky. The Bounce is Jay about perfect for size and feel.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay