Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

View Poll Results: Note 3 or S5

Voters
6. You may not vote on this poll
  • Note 3

6 100.00%
  • Galaxy S5

0 0%
Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By clitrenta
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    276 Global Posts

Default The Note 3 or the GS5,,,,please feel free to offer an opinion and a vote

A brief history,, I've owned every model of iPhone ever made including the 5s (never going back unless they really bump up the screen size in a big way) then I "might" consider another iPhone.

Have owned the Note 1 and 2 and the Galaxy S2, S3 and am currently rockin the S4,,,,,, I'm a little bored with my S4 now so it's time for a change.

I'm on T-Mobile's jump program so I can upgrade every 6 months.

In the end what I really want is the Note 4,,,, but until that happens and I "jump" to the Note 4, I can either get the SG5 or the Note 3 to tide me over until the Note 4 comes out in 6 or 7 months.

I love, miss and want back the big screen of the Note series but I'm really tempted by the improved camera and reported improved screen quality of the SG5.

What to do,,,,,,, I am so on the fence between the S5 and the Note 3,,,, anyone care to offer any help or words of wisdom ?

Thanks in advance
    Davyo

Default Re: The Note 3 or the GS5,,,,please feel free to offer an opinion and a vote

Quote Originally Posted by Davyo View Post
    A brief history,, I've owned every model of iPhone ever made including the 5s (never going back unless they really bump up the screen size in a big way) then I "might" consider another iPhone.

Have owned the Note 1 and 2 and the Galaxy S2, S3 and am currently rockin the S4,,,,,, I'm a little bored with my S4 now so it's time for a change.

I'm on T-Mobile's jump program so I can upgrade every 6 months.

In the end what I really want is the Note 4,,,, but until that happens and I "jump" to the Note 4, I can either get the SG5 or the Note 3 to tide me over until the Note 4 comes out in 6 or 7 months.

I love, miss and want back the big screen of the Note series but I'm really tempted by the improved camera and reported improved screen quality of the SG5.

What to do,,,,,,, I am so on the fence between the S5 and the Note 3,,,, anyone care to offer any help or words of wisdom ?

Thanks in advance
    Davyo
    I think your best bet is to go in and look at both of them (when the 5 comes out). The 5 may have better specs in some areas given that it's newer however the Note 3 brings some things to the table that the S5 doesn't. One of the reasons I wanted the Note was because of the S Pen. This isn't just a smart phone with a stylus. The Note takes advantage of the S Pen in some very unique ways. You'd have to go in and have someone show you what it can do. The Note is also a little bigger obviously. Those two things are what drove me. Even if someone gave me the option of turning in my N3 for the S5, I would not do it. I don't use the pen ALL the time but it absolutely comes in handy when I do. There is nothing about the N3 that would drive me to the S5 but it really depends on what's most important to you. You should choose the one that best satisfies your needs/wants but go and look first. At any ratem you have 14 days to change your mind and exchange one for the other. Win-win.
    Connie L "Go BIG or Go Home"