Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree5Likes
  • 3 Post By Jalopiejoe
  • 1 Post By cehowardNote3
  • 1 Post By Spencerdl
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Note 3: Screen protectors

When I bought my Note 3 the Best Buy Salesperson told me that a screen protector would cost $28.00.
    I thought that was too much so I asked him to leave the 'flimsy' plastic cover that comes with a new phone. 5 months later I noticed that the original cover was getting a bit shabby. I peeled it off and discovered that it wasn't 'flimsy' at all. Much heavier Gauge plastic than you would think. Underneath my screen is brand new.
    Point is, Note 3 effectively comes with a screen protector out of the box. Now I will shop for a new one at my leisure.
    If you are a new purchaser, check it out before you splurge.

Sent from my SM-N900V using AC Forums mobile app
    Last edited by NotJustAPhone; 04-06-2014 at 11:24 AM.

Default Re: Note 3: Screen protectors

Replace it with tempered glass screen saver, you'll love it!

Via my Samsung Galaxy Note 3
    "Size does matter!"
    Thanked by:
    cwbcpa, Spencerdl and REB Barnes like this.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

How hard is tempered glass to install?

Quote Originally Posted by MissouriFarmer View Post

I had my Verizon rep do it.
    NOTE: Make sure you are happy with the installation before you leave or you're stuck with it!
    I have read they are easy to install but I haven't tried it.
    Maybe check out some youtube videos on how to install glass screen savers.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 3
    "Size does matter!"

I tried so many different screen protectors and tempered glass. I just couldn't stand anything on the screen. I think it's the colors and the way the Gorilla glass 2 shows them.

Sent from a larger than life device. Using Tapatalk
    Thanked by:

Best Buy folks installed the tempered glass on mine yesterday. Feels just like actual screen. Love it.

Posted via my Note 3

When I bought my Note 3 the Best Buy Salesperson told me that a screen protector would cost $28.00.
    I thought that was too much so I asked him to leave the 'flimsy' plastic cover that comes with a new phone. 5 months later I noticed that the original cover was getting a bit shabby. I peeled it off and discovered that it wasn't 'flimsy' at all. Much heavier Gauge plastic than you would think. Underneath my screen is brand new.
    Point is, Note 3 effectively comes with a screen protector out of the box. Now I will shop for a new one at my leisure.
    If you are a new purchaser, check it out before you splurge.

I like your logic on this...

I have a $7.50 tempered glass protector on mine.. They were so cheap, I purchased a spare.. Still have the spare as the first on is working perfectly.. That $28 one at Bestbuy, seems to be highway robbery..

Samsung Galaxy Note 4/32gb/Black/128gb SD Card
    Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4/16gb/Black/64gb SD Card
    Samsung Galaxy Gear Black(sold, waiting for Gear S)

Sony MDR 1RBTMK2
    Harman Kardon BT
    74, old, dirty and fast!!
    Gator352 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by cehowardNote3 View Post
    I like your logic on this...

I have a $7.50 tempered glass protector on mine.. They were so cheap, I purchased a spare.. Still have the spare as the first on is working perfectly.. That $28 one at Bestbuy, seems to be highway robbery..
    It was probably the zagg ones and Tbh if I was going to buy plastic ones those are fairly good for the price IMO. I had a tempered glass one myself and besides the fact got dust under it I just never liked the feel of it while swiping on the screen.

Sent from my SM-N900T
    Samsung Galaxy Note 4- t-mobile
    Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5 32GB Wifi
    Apple iPad Air 2 128GB
    Samsung Galaxy Note 3- T-mobile
    Nexus 5 32GB
    Samsung Galaxy S4 AT&T
    Samsung Galaxy S3 AT&T
    Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket AT&T
    iPhone 4 AT&T
    iPhone 3GS AT&T

Global Posts
    708 Global Posts

On a scale of 1-10? Probably about a neg 4. Make sure your screen is clean and drop it right on. The protector does 95% of the work.

Thanked by:

I always purchase middle of the road protectors and they last the life of the device.
    Don't forge to vote! Your vote counts!
    Support thr 9-12 Project

Using the Zagg glass and I like it much better than the Zagg plastic screen protectors that I used to use. It looks great installed and is definitely worth it.

I use a iLoome Tempered GLASS screen protector (Zagg GLASS wasn't out yet for the Note3 when I purchased). I think any quality GLASS screen protector is worth it. I didn't have any discoloration as some have posted. Maybe the cheap ones alter the look and feel of the screen.
    Jalopiejoe likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by spencerdl View Post
    I use a iLoome Tempered GLASS screen protector (Zagg GLASS wasn't out yet for the Note3 when I purchased). I think any quality GLASS screen protector is worth it. I didn't have any discoloration as some have posted. Maybe the cheap ones alter the look and feel of the screen.
    I bought the Spigen one for $40 and while it felt like quality product i just didnt like the feel of it... I just like the glass that is on the screen itself. The glass sort of feels like what it feels like on the Note 10.1 2014 edition

Quote Originally Posted by Closingracer View Post
    I bought the Spigen one for $40 and while it felt like quality product i just didnt like the feel of it... I just like the glass that is on the screen itself. The glass sort of feels like what it feels like on the Note 10.1 2014 edition
    I do understand that, because that's how I felt with my Blackberry PlayBook. No matter which screen protector I put on it...it just didn't feel right, however GLASS screen protectors were not out yet. I use Spigen cases, but have yet to try their GLASS screen protectors. The device screen does feel good...until you get that first scratch...SMILE

Quote Originally Posted by spencerdl View Post
    I do understand that, because that's how I felt with my Blackberry PlayBook. No matter which screen protector I put on it...it just didn't feel right, however GLASS screen protectors were not out yet. I use Spigen cases, but have yet to try their GLASS screen protectors. The device screen does feel good...until you get that first scratch...SMILE
    Meh i just threw out every one i tried so i gave up caring

Quote Originally Posted by Jalopiejoe View Post
    I had my Verizon rep do it.
    NOTE: Make sure you are happy with the installation before you leave or you're stuck with it!
    I have read they are easy to install but I haven't tried it.
    Maybe check out some youtube videos on how to install glass screen savers.

"Size does matter!"
    I far as I'm concerned glass is the way to go. Looks and feels like the original screen and adds that layer of protection!

"Size does matter!"

Quote Originally Posted by Closingracer View Post
    It was probably the zagg ones and Tbh if I was going to buy plastic ones those are fairly good for the price IMO. I had a tempered glass one myself and besides the fact got dust under it I just never liked the feel of it while swiping on the screen.

Sent from my SM-N900T
    Screen protectors are high subjective. What is good for me, might not be good for you, and we both be correct. The point is to go what works for each of us.. I had a Spigen Temp Glass that I paid over $30 for. It wouldn't stay on my Note 3. I sent it back for a full refund. Now, I have a $7.50 Tempered Screen and it has worked perfectly for 4 1/2 months. Even got a spare. BTW, nothing under the screen, dust, bubbles nothing.. Just super clear.. .

Sony MDR 1RBTMK2
    Harman Kardon BT

Quote Originally Posted by Jalopiejoe View Post
    I far as I'm concerned glass is the way to go. Looks and feels like the original screen and adds that layer of protection!

"Size does matter!"
    I agree with you on that, I have tempered glass on my Note 3, and Note 10.1 2014.. They look and work perfectly.

Sony MDR 1RBTMK2
    Harman Kardon BT