Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default how to connect to Mac to add photo folders and DVD movies to phone ad card?

I'm looking for a way to connect my Note 3 to Mac so.I can transfer folders of photos and the odd dvd Sorry if it's a dumb question! I have tried with the usb but nothing pops up. I have also tried airdroid but doesn't allow large folders and would prefer something not internet based. I have a 64GB sd card so plenty of room

Posted via Android Central App

Default Re: how to connect to Mac to add photo folders and DVD movies to phone ad card?

You could try Kies. Install that on the Mac, and once your phone is connected via USB to your Mac, set the phones USB mode to MTP.

Kies should show "Connecting". Once connected, you'll see the internal and external SD cards in the main Kies interface. Double click on the external SD card and a small Finder like folder will appear.

Just select the content on your Mac that you want to copy over to the external SD card, and drag and drop.

I usually make any new folders via the phones Files app first - if you need further organization on the external SD card.

Android File Tranfer is another app to try. Similar options and features as Kies, but without the extra bells and whistles. Just be aware that Kies and Android File Transfer drivers do not play well together. Kies is basically Samsungs equivalent to iTunes. So if that's your interest, I'd start there first so you don't have to go through the uninstall process before trying to install Android File Transfer.

Droid NAS is another option. It helps your phone show up in Finder. Haven't used it in awhile, though.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: how to connect to Mac to add photo folders and DVD movies to phone ad card?

Thanks, I'll give all that a try on Friday and get back to you :-)

Posted via Android Central App