Touchwiz has stopped working - Galaxy Note 3

GoBucks2372

Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
After the 4.4.2 update, I was having bad battery life. I did a factory restore.

Re-downloaded everything, set the home screen back up, etc.

Ever since then, every so often I will get "Touchwiz has stopped working". The home screen will then flash clear and pop back up, obviously the Touchwiz closing and re-opening. This has been going on for a week.

Anyone have an idea why? Also having this problem? Is there a fix?

I tried clearing cache and data for Touchwiz and setting everything back up, but still is doing it.

Appreciate your help and feedback!

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
After the 4.4.2 update, I was having bad battery life. I did a factory restore.

Re-downloaded everything, set the home screen back up, etc.

Ever since then, every so often I will get "Touchwiz has stopped working". The home screen will then flash clear and pop back up, obviously the Touchwiz closing and re-opening. This has been going on for a week.

Anyone have an idea why? Also having this problem? Is there a fix?

I tried clearing cache and data for Touchwiz and setting everything back up, but still is doing it.

Appreciate your help and feedback!
would suggest clearing the cache in recovery - with the device turned off, press and hold power on+volume up+home until the recovery loads. Use the volume keys to select clear cache and power to accept. Reboot and see if you are still having problems. Hope this helps :).

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
So farsince the cache clear, no errors!

I will continue progress updates, but so far so good. Thank you a ton!

Cool! Often times clearing cache will solve problems without having to factory reset. Hopefully that's the case here and the errors don't return.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

z06mike

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
Do you have widgets set up on your homescreen/s? It may be one that is not compatible with Kit Kat.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

GoBucks2372

Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
SoundHound, Shazam, Flashlight, Weather Channel, ESPN, Twitter, Facebook, Stock Picture Frames, MLB At Bat, Stock music widget and the default clock/weather widget.

z06mike

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
I would assume one of them is causing the issue. Clear the data from TouchWiz home and slowly add your widgets back. Give it some time before adding each one to see if you can narrow it down.

GoBucks2372

Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
I just cleared the data and went back to.home screen and it did it still while back to default.

It seems to do it when I exit an app and hit home multiple times.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
I would assume one of them is causing the issue. Clear the data from TouchWiz home and slowly add your widgets back. Give it some time before adding each one to see if you can narrow it down.

I think you are right. Something is causing the problems. It could also be an app or service. Aside from the home button, keep an eye on what you are using.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

GoBucks2372

Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
Force of habit maybe? And yes, all my AT&T bloat, plus Beats Music, ChatON, Google Drive, some of the Google Play apps, S Voice, other Samsung bloat.

JonBonD3

May 19, 2014
Visit site
Force of habit maybe? And yes, all my AT&T bloat, plus Beats Music, ChatON, Google Drive, some of the Google Play apps, S Voice, other Samsung bloat.

I have been having the same issue on my note 3 recently. I tried multiple things to fix the touchwiz error and nothing worked, until I turned back on my magazine. It appears if it its turn off it causes touchwiz to fail.

lisa68m

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site
Same issue here as well. I have those apps off as well. I will turn magazine and others on. Seems a bit controlling to be required to leave them enabled or lose your touch screen. :(

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
one01