Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default 3rd party Qi receivers any good?

Does anyone have any experience with the after marked Qi receivers sold on Amazon? I'd love to use wireless charging, but I want to get one of the colored S-View cases, and the wireless charging capable S-View cover only comes in black. Plus the Qi S-View is like $70 and the Qi black back is like $40 and you can get a Qi receiver for like $10-$15. Here are a couple examples:

Amazon.com: DigiYes Qi Standard Wireless Charger Module Receiver for Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Support NFC: Cell Phones & Accessories
    Amazon.com: PThink Ultra-thin 0.5mm Qi Wireless Charging Receiver Card Coil for Samsung Galaxy Note III 3 N9000 N9005 with Full NFC Support: Cell Phones & Accessories
    Amazon.com: Ultra-thin 0.5mm Qi Wireless Charging Receiver Card Coil for Samsung Galaxy Note III 3 N9005 N9500 with Full NFC Support: Cell Phones & Accessories

They have fairly good reviews on Amazon, but I was hoping someone here may have a longer term experience.

Default Re: 3rd party Qi receivers any good?

I tend to only buy accessories that only made by the company that makes the product but based on the reviews and YouTube videos about them I would think they work well

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

I have the Samsung charging battery cover but use the Choe tech charging pad and it works flawless. The charging coil I have (nfc enabled one) makes the phone hit 112+ degrees so I don't use it.

Posted via the porcelain throne.
    Note 3 / Note 2 / S4 / Moto X / hTc ONE / LG G2

Buy it from Samsung with the 50% off coupon floating around. I had the choetech receiver and the Samsung charging back and the Samsung back ran cooler and worked more consistently. Hopefully one of these codes will work for you.

rv18623

rXu3670

dpham00, Android Central Moderator
    Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Quote Originally Posted by dpham00 View Post
    Buy it from Samsung with the 50% off coupon floating around. I had the choetech receiver and the Samsung charging back and the Samsung back ran cooler and worked more consistently. Hopefully one of these codes will work for you.

rv18623

rXu3670

Thanks. I did not realize there was a 50% off promotion going on. I am getting the Note today kinda on a whim (trading a iPhone 5c I had lying around) so I have not really been keeping up on things Samsung or Note 3 related.

The 50% accessories promo has been going on for some time. I believe that the code is still good but haven't checked recently

Quote Originally Posted by jdevenberg View Post
    Does anyone have any experience with the after marked Qi receivers sold on Amazon? I'd love to use wireless charging, but I want to get one of the colored S-View cases, and the wireless charging capable S-View cover only comes in black. Plus the Qi S-View is like $70 and the Qi black back is like $40 and you can get a Qi receiver for like $10-$15. Here are a couple examples:

Amazon.com: DigiYes Qi Standard Wireless Charger Module Receiver for Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Support NFC: Cell Phones & Accessories
    Amazon.com: PThink Ultra-thin 0.5mm Qi Wireless Charging Receiver Card Coil for Samsung Galaxy Note III 3 N9000 N9005 with Full NFC Support: Cell Phones & Accessories
    Amazon.com: Ultra-thin 0.5mm Qi Wireless Charging Receiver Card Coil for Samsung Galaxy Note III 3 N9005 N9500 with Full NFC Support: Cell Phones & Accessories

They have fairly good reviews on Amazon, but I was hoping someone here may have a longer term experience.
    I have this charger that I tried because the Samsung OEM charging back makes the phone thicker which limits the compatible cases for the Note 3. The pad does add a little bulge to the back of the phone. Also unlike the OEM back this pad seems to throw off the magnetic compass of the Note 3. If you hold it to right corner of the phone (viewed with camera facing you and at the top) you can see the compass deflecting with an app like GPS status. I seem to already have issues with the compass in the Note 3 as many have described and this made it worse. Also I've found wireless chargers take longer than the original USB 3.0 charger that came with the phone so there are trade offs.

CHOETECH Qi Wireless Charger Kit for Galaxy Note III 3 N9000 N9005 with Full NFC Support (Wireless Charging Pad and Wireless Charging Receiver Included)
    Amazon.com: CHOETECH Qi Wireless Charger Kit for Galaxy Note III 3 N9000 N9005 with Full NFC Support (Wireless Charging Pad and Wireless Charging Receiver Included): Cell Phones & Accessories