KitKat Update NFC Issues

Bradley Munro

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
Hi guys, I have a Samsung Galaxy Note 3 and the NFC is not working at all!

When I got my device it was running stock 4.3 Jellybean and the NFC was working perfectly. I then updated to 4.4.2 KitKat using the unofficial polish rom, after installing this the NFC stopped working. Because I updated the phone before the official UK KitKat was released i couldn't downgrade to 4.3 to try and get NFC working again(cant downgrade because of bootloaders . I have since installed the stock UK 4.4.2 H3G KitKat rom and this issue has still not been resolved. I have tried numerous batteries (the battery is the nfc aerial) and yes I have double checked to see if the NFC was turned on but its greyed out and i cant do anything with it. Any help would be much appreciated:)

Anil Ghatikar

Jan 28, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

I have exactly same problem .

I had Nigerian rom i changed to India for 4.4.2 and bam no NFC. Changed again to Nigerian 4.4.2 still no NFC .
Tried another stock battery .
Data wipe / cahe reset .

diffrent covers - QI/Non Qi / foldable normal. third party
all solutions.

I am practically lost . How hard can it be to get one NFC working .
The other possibility is I ordered the replacement battery from US . May be the replacement battery caused some problem ?

In any case desperately searching answers as normally the NFC is draining 20 % of my daily use in battery drain

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463