Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    31 Global Posts

Default Note 3 Unresponsive Issues

I've had my note 3 for maybe 2 weeks now, I got the 4.4 update pretty much 24 hours after so I updated. I can't say whether or not the phone had issues with 4.3 as I didn't see much of it then.

Randomly, the phone will freeze and become unresponsive. I'll swipe the screen and get nothing from it, then it will randomly open an app by itself. It does this until I lock the phone and unlock it again. It this a common issue?

I got the Note as an insurance replacement for my LG G2 that got water damaged and I'm wondering whether I made a big mistake.

Posted via Android Central App

Default Re: Note 3 Unresponsive Issues

Have you tried clearing the cache partition yet?
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    31 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by neonworm View Post
    Have you tried clearing the cache partition yet?
    Yea, I've tried everything I can think of. I've drained the battery to flat and then charged it to full (not that it would've made a diffrrence), I've reset the device through both the settings menu and the recovery menu, cleared the cache partition from the recovery, plus I have an app that monitors the RAM usage and clears all junk files. I can't think of anything else except send it back as a faulty device and demand a new phone?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using AC Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by jamieb193 View Post
    Yea, I've tried everything I can think of. I've drained the battery to flat and then charged it to full (not that it would've made a diffrrence), I've reset the device through both the settings menu and the recovery menu, cleared the cache partition from the recovery, plus I have an app that monitors the RAM usage and clears all junk files. I can't think of anything else except send it back as a faulty device and demand a new phone?

Are you using a task killer or something similar? If you are, I recommend that you get rid of it, because that might be causing the problem.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Global Posts
    31 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by neonworm View Post
    Are you using a task killer or something similar? If you are, I recommend that you get rid of it, because that might be causing the problem.
    I'm using Clean Master from the Play Store. I've not installed it since my last reset but it's still doing becoming unresponsive. It's started deleting text too as I'm typing. Seems to be a defective touch screen