Note 3 Unresponsive Issues

jamieb193

Mar 7, 2014
Visit site
I've had my note 3 for maybe 2 weeks now, I got the 4.4 update pretty much 24 hours after so I updated. I can't say whether or not the phone had issues with 4.3 as I didn't see much of it then.

Randomly, the phone will freeze and become unresponsive. I'll swipe the screen and get nothing from it, then it will randomly open an app by itself. It does this until I lock the phone and unlock it again. It this a common issue?

I got the Note as an insurance replacement for my LG G2 that got water damaged and I'm wondering whether I made a big mistake.

Posted via Android Central App

jamieb193

Mar 7, 2014
Visit site
Have you tried clearing the cache partition yet?

Yea, I've tried everything I can think of. I've drained the battery to flat and then charged it to full (not that it would've made a diffrrence), I've reset the device through both the settings menu and the recovery menu, cleared the cache partition from the recovery, plus I have an app that monitors the RAM usage and clears all junk files. I can't think of anything else except send it back as a faulty device and demand a new phone?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using AC Forums mobile app

neonworm

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
Yea, I've tried everything I can think of. I've drained the battery to flat and then charged it to full (not that it would've made a diffrrence), I've reset the device through both the settings menu and the recovery menu, cleared the cache partition from the recovery, plus I have an app that monitors the RAM usage and clears all junk files. I can't think of anything else except send it back as a faulty device and demand a new phone?

Are you using a task killer or something similar? If you are, I recommend that you get rid of it, because that might be causing the problem.

jamieb193

Mar 7, 2014
Visit site
Are you using a task killer or something similar? If you are, I recommend that you get rid of it, because that might be causing the problem.

I'm using Clean Master from the Play Store. I've not installed it since my last reset but it's still doing becoming unresponsive. It's started deleting text too as I'm typing. Seems to be a defective touch screen

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad