Is there an easier to hold on to back/battery cover for the Note 3 I could buy?

cgr1971

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
I traded an iPhone 5 I had for a white Note 3 last week. I was running a Moto X which fits the hand great. I use a vertical belt holster for my phones and picked one up off ebay for the Note 3. I don't like or use cases. I think I will be able to adjust to the overall size, but find the back plate/battery cover on the phone to be to slippery making it difficult to hold on to. I have handled the black version and it feels better in hand. I know I could buy a OE black backplate for it, but are there any better options for back covers that have better grip. I handed a black S5 yesterday, and the back material had a much better grip to it. I have been looking on ebay and Google for something with better grip or more rubbery that doesn't add any additional bulk to the phone so I can still use the holster I bought.

Crxssroad

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
Try getting an ultra thin case with a better back plate.

I don't know of any but I ordered a Kommandant from case fanatic, it hasn't arrived yet, but I hear it gives a better overall feel to the phone as well as adding very minimal thickness.

Whether the grip is better or not I'm not 100% sure, but I'll let you know once it arrives.

Sent by my lady friend, Note 3

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
I traded an iPhone 5 I had for a white Note 3 last week. I was running a Moto X which fits the hand great. I use a vertical belt holster for my phones and picked one up off ebay for the Note 3. I don't like or use cases. I think I will be able to adjust to the overall size, but find the back plate/battery cover on the phone to be to slippery making it difficult to hold on to. I have handled the black version and it feels better in hand. I know I could buy a OE black backplate for it, but are there any better options for back covers that have better grip. I handed a black S5 yesterday, and the back material had a much better grip to it. I have been looking on ebay and Google for something with better grip or more rubbery that doesn't add any additional bulk to the phone so I can still use the holster I bought.

Amazon.com: note 3 battery cover

Just flip through the pages and I'm sure there is something in there for you. Enjoy!

FBA

Banned
Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
There are some nice aluminum cases in that link...but I'd bet it would hamper the Bluetooth, Mobile and WiFi radios, not to mention NFC...

@ the OP - another option would be to buy a can of Plasti Dip at Home Depot and spray the back cover. It's rubber and it's fully removable if you're not happy with it. It will do what you want.

cgr1971

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
Definitely don't want to put a case on it. I always use my phones without a case and if I put a case on it, it wouldn't fit in the holster. I had a tough time finding a leather type holster with a decent clip. My BlackBerry holsters were always great, but it's not easy finding one for the Note that even comes close to them. Here is the one I bought, it's ok, but not quite the quality I was really hoping to find.

I looked at amazon and ebay, but didn't see anything that had a rubbery back. There are some black ones with a texture to them that would probably work.

The Plasti-dip is a great idea, it probably wouldn't ad much bulk. I was thinking of doing my car wheels with the stuff, but using it on the phone never crossed my mind. Thank you.

FBA

Banned
Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
I have friends who've plasti-dipped their entire car; in fact, it's a business in itself these days, if you search online. It looks perfect and wears well too. It should not add more than a very thin coat to the back...no bulk.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa