Dont seem to have cellular signal with wifi on

eeyore6802

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
When I have the wifi turned on, the phone doesnt appear to still have a celluar signal and with something like sending a pic through a text, it tells me it cant send because theres no signal. Ive never had this happen with other phones. Is there some kind of setting I'm not familiar with that is turning off the cellular when I turn wifi on?

Sent from my SM-N900T using AC Forums mobile app

FBA

Banned
Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
settings>>more networks>>mobile networks>>mobile data>>

Make sure it's checked on.

WiFi should not turn cellular off.

FBA

Banned
Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
What about if you're just trying to text with no picture? Have you rebooted the phone since the problem started?

jpr

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
Are you still able to make calls when this happens? Do you have WiFi calling on? Do you have VoLTE on? Are you in a VoLTE market? What is your Build Number? Also show a screenshot of your Status under About device when your phone is in this state.

eeyore6802

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
Yes I can still make calls, but it does tell me calls will be made by wifi. Im not aware of a VoLTE option, and I dont believe im in a market for that. Here is my screenshot.

Attachments

• 1404577439055.jpg
    1404577439055.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 15

jpr

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
I see you are still on 4.3. Are you rooted? Have you done anything to prevent the latest 3 updates from being installed?

Do SMS and MMS work properly with mobile data on and wifi calling off? I'm talking about having Wifi turned on but "wifi calling" off and not doing anything to disable mobile data.

Are you using the stock messaging app? MMS over Wifi Calling often do not work in third party apps.

While MMS over Wifi Calling should work if you are properly registered with the T-Mobile network, if will usuallly be slower than over mobile data. But you should not be getting any error message if you are registered with the network. The screen shot I had wanted was the status screen that shows the network and service state and roaming.

Lastly, if you are properly registered on the TMO network when on Wifi Calling and you are using the stock messaging app, there could be a bug in your older version of software. I never ran 4.3 on this phone so I can't personally say if there was any problem in this area with that version.

eeyore6802

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for replying so fast. I am rooted and kept it on 4.3 cuz of all the changes with sd saving on 4.4 would have really messed up my basic uses of the sd card. Im going to try some of your other suggestions to see if they make any difference. Thanks

Sent from my SM-N900T using AC Forums mobile app

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2