Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Stock Google Camera for Rooted Users

I just installed this today and boy am I loving it. Not as feature packed as the stock camera app, but I hate the slow post capture processing and how the transition animation scale always goes back to 1.0. I just want a fast point and shoot and this does it for me.

I am running VZW Android 4.3, only rooted. This is the latest version of the camera app found on 4.4.2 kitkat.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/q0x1qn7lw...oogle%20Camera

Install APK file by allowing unknown sources in your security settings then copy the 3 .so files to system/lib (make sure it's R/W if you're using root explorer)

Default Re: Stock Google Camera for Rooted Users

Have you tried it with the brand new camera that was just pushed out today?? Apparently it will only work on KK, but maybe there is a workaround.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

I tried installing it but got the parsing error which means that it most likely will only work with kitkat

Quote Originally Posted by trdsol23 View Post
    I tried installing it but got the parsing error which means that it most likely will only work with kitkat
    Yup, that is exactly what I get.