Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By vpblaze
  • 1 Post By Gator352
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Beyond expensive NFC charging!

Some cursory research on ebay, amazon etc leads me to the conclusion that it's going to cost me about £90 to get wireless charging to work on my Note 3!!!

I do remember when I got my S3 ages ago that the cost put me off using it back then but I would've hoped that there would be a cheaper solution by now.

Can anyone recommend a cheaper alternative but not so cheap it poses a fire risk!!!

Great forum with loads to read so I'm glad I joined at last.

Global Posts
    881 Global Posts

Default Re: Beyond expensive NFC charging!

I hope you find out some info on this.
    This has been my main reason for not switching to wireless charging. The cost still seems to remain so high for less benefits. Sure it would be convenient to just put your phone down on a charger. But the longer charge time and price is turning me away right now.

Scribbled on my Note 3 and then translated into readable words using Tapatalk
    Madd54 likes this.

Yes it is like 90-100$ if you get the OEM charging kit.

If you want to do it for less look at Amazon .com for QI receivers for the Note 3. They range from $9-15 then you can also get a cheap charger for around the same price.

I started with the docooler set. They worked good. The added bonus is you can continue to use your normal cases.

Posted via Android Central App
    Craig
    Phone :: BB880>>BB9000>>Captivate>>Galaxy Note1>>Galaxy Note 3
    Tablet :: B&N Nook >> Xoom >> Nexus 10
    Game/Mini-PC :: Zealz G802 >> Ouya

You can get the Note 3 OEM charging back for 35 bucks on Amazon. Then choose ANY qi charging pad you wish and have at it.

Cover
    http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_i_1_25?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=samsung%20wireless%20charging%20cover&sprefix=samsung+wireless+charging%2Caps%2C238

Pad

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_i_2_2?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=qi+charging+pad&sprefix=qi%2Caps%2C161&rh=i%3Aaps%2Ck%3Aqi+charging+pad
    Note 3 / Note 2 / S4 / Moto X / hTc ONE / LG G2
    Madd54 likes this.

Is there a wireless charging kit that will work when you have your note 3 in a Otter box case?

Quote Originally Posted by cammanvideo View Post
    Is there a wireless charging kit that will work when you have your note 3 in a Otter box case?
    This will do it !

http://www.amazon.com/PThink-Ultra-t...0-20&m1k=vb_ac

Global Posts
    324 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nchaka View Post
    I just bought it, and it works great! My case is a thick wallet style one and it has no problem charging.
    I also this wireless charger, it doesn't come with an ac adapter. But I use the one provided with my phone.
    Amazon.com: PowerBot® PB1020 Qi Enabled Wireless Charger Inductive Charging Pad Station for All Qi Standard Compatible Devices Including Samsung, iPhone, Nokia, Google, Nexus, LG, HTC and Other Smartphones with Receivers (AC Adapter Excluded. 2 x Mic
    Glad it worked out great for you! Once you go wireless, it's hard to go back using a cord....

I got the Wireless charging back from Samsung directly for $20 with the 50 % codes floating around ,and I have lg and Nokia pads which were around $20 as well. The pads can be used for other devices later as well

dpham00, Android Central Moderator
    Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3

Has anyone had any luck finding a case that fits with the wireless charging battery cover from Samsung on the phone? I have been trying since February and have found nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by sforsyth01 View Post
    Has anyone had any luck finding a case that fits with the wireless charging battery cover from Samsung on the phone? I have been trying since February and have found nothing.

The Trident Kraken ams case fits ok other than the charging flap doesn't fully close.

dpham00, Android Central Moderator
    Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3

Quote Originally Posted by sforsyth01 View Post

If your wanting to go the case route, I'd get a wireless charging coil that goes under the original back so ANY case would fit it.