Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By vpblaze
  • 1 Post By Madd54
  • 1 Post By Rubus Roo
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Landscape typers.

Who regularly types in landscape mode?

I never tried it much - partly due to my flip-over case.

There was a previous thread in December, with only 3 replies.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk Pro
    Best to read my post before I edit it. In fact, no - don't read it. I haven't finished yet. Come back later!

Default Re: Landscape typers.

I have tried a couple times. My main reason for not doing it is because of how much screen real estate the land scape keyboard takes up. You end up having a hard time see the page /message that you are typing on. I also don't use it as much anymore since I have gone back to BBM. I don't know if it was intentional or a bug, but BBM doesn't support land scape.

Scribbled on my Note 3 and then translated into readable words using Tapatalk
    Thanked by:
    Madd54 
    Madd54 likes this.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Yes, I can lower the landscape keyboard on SwiftKey but the trade off is vertically squished keys. You really need to see as much as possible of the screen.
    I was hoping to use BBM when it became available, but most BB users I knew have switched.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk Pro
    Best to read my post before I edit it. In fact, no - don't read it. I haven't finished yet. Come back later!

I honestly never even think about it but I just tried it and I guess I'm going to have to try to remember better. Actually, I much prefer the voice button makes things a lot easier for me.

Deb from my Note 3
    Deb
    Save a life & make your life better.
    Adopt a rescue or shelter dog.
    Thanked by:
    Madd54 
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Quote Originally Posted by ShaggyKids View Post
    I honestly never even think about it but I just tried it and I guess I'm going to have to try to remember better. Actually, I much prefer the voice button makes things a lot easier for me.

Deb from my Note 3
    I never think of it. Probably only tried landscape typing before I installed SwiftKey and like vpblaze didn't like it.
    I only try voice typing alone in the car! It works for me if I am deliberate and slow, but I feel like an actor doing vocal exercises. It's quicker for me to type.

I just wondered if I was abnormal.
    ( space for jokes here :

. )

Via my Note 3 on AC.
    vpblaze likes this.

I don't think that I have ever tried to type in landscape mode on this phone. It b is really spacious in portrait mode. No need for landscape. Also I use the s - pen a lot.

Sent from the Galaxy Note 3...yeah, its spectacular.
    Thanked by:
    Madd54 

I have gotten so used to swiftkey that i find any other type of typing or orientation uncomfortable.
    Madd54 likes this.