Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Lightbulb Mac.com mail not completely synced on Samsung Note 3?

Hello all - I've been trying to find an answer to this but had no luck so far....wonder if anyone could help please?

So - I've recently moved from Apple iphone to Samsung Note 3 - I've managed to set up my mac.com email on this new device. It does get all the new emails BUT it somehow doesn't synced completely. For example, if I delete some emails using another device (i.e. Macbook / or on icloud), it won't show on the Note 3, and vice versa. And in the 'Sent' box on Note 3, I can only see the emails that were literally sent from this device, none of the other emails I sent from my macbook / or icloud will show here. Finally, all the 'Junk' mails on my macbook/icloud now go to 'inbox' on Note 3...which is very annoying. It almost feels like I now have 2 email accounts but not? (as I still get to see the latest incoming emails?).....very strange!!

I tried to delete the account and reset it - nothing changes....HELP PLEASE!

Thanks very much
    H

Global Posts
    45 Global Posts

Default Re: Mac.com mail not completely synced on Samsung Note 3?

Are you using stock email or app? I used CloudMagic for a bit and it works very nicely with iOS mail and never found an issue similar with to this. I'm using stock now and still not. Just some ideas but this is in regards to iCloud mail.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Hi there - thanks for this - I'll have a try with CloudMagic ... does it mean that the stock mail on Note 3 just doesn't work with apple mail? If so that's a real shame...

Cheers!

Global Posts
    45 Global Posts

Mine does. I have no problems with my "me.com"account. I'm not a fan of the layout which why I switched to CloudMagic. If it's "mac.com" I'm not sure of though, hope it helps

5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Ok I see....I just tried CloudMagic - I can see the inbox working fine but all the 'sent' messages and folders don't load any message at all...it keeps syncing but nothing happens?

Cheers!

Global Posts
    45 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hsinyi Liu View Post
    Ok I see....I just tried CloudMagic - I can see the inbox working fine but all the 'sent' messages and folders don't load any message at all...it keeps syncing but nothing happens?

Cheers!
    I've gone back to stock, not the Gmail option, the one with the yellow card. I've set up all my accounts there-iCloud, Hotmail and Gmail and all accounts are push now and folders there. I think CloudMagic had an issue with 4.4 as my stopped syncing. Hope that helps