Those getting great battery life, what is your brightness set to?

ehosey2

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
With "Normal" setting in Profile Scheduler+ it is 240 out of 255. For other profiles the lowest is "Night" setting of 225. If very sunny outside at the beach I set to "Outside" and that is auto brightness. So it obviously varies.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 3.

shanghaichica

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
I don't like auto becuase it is either too bright or too dim. I disable it on all my devices. I've got mine set to 30 % brightness and manually increase it in bright sunlight.

Posted from my galaxy note 3

beh

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
I use an APP called "AutoBrightness" (found in the PlayStore) which works for me. It seems to provide me with good screen visibility under all but the most direct bright sunlight.

Rubus Roo

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
I haven't touched the brightness settings yet, it seems to be fine as it is. Haven't used power saving either & the battery is lasting me almost 2 days without charge & heavy use as I've only had the phone a few days. Very impressed thus far with the battery life.

pdub73

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
I have mine on full brightness, and set to auto...I get about 19 hours with 25 to 30% remaining....

Sent from my SM-N900V using AC Forums mobile app

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
Always keep just under half. If I'm outside I keep it all the way up.

THE BEAST,,NOTE 3. SIZE IS EVERYTHING!!!

sarkycow

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site
Mine is all the way to the left (0% ?) as I find auto generally too bright. I turn it up a quarter of the way to a third of the way when I'm driving and need to read directions easier in the sunlight.

My husband though has his note 3 brightness at 100% all the time and still gets good battery life.

Sarks.

Posted via Android Central App

iN8ter

Banned
Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
Automatic.

The only setting I ever use cause manually managing brightness is out of the question. I go through too many differing lighting conditions (different venues, indoors, outdoors, etc.) to have to deal with that.

No issues with battery. I still bump charge when I'm in the car, sitting at home doing nothing, etc. like I have with every other phone I've owned. Keeps the battery in better shape.

Friend of mine has an S4 that he keeps at almost 10)% (between 80and 100%) and it still gets great battery life for him. I can't keep the brightness that high. It hurts my eyes just looking at his screen...

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
Power Saving, hot battery and max Brightness with auto off don't mix for me. I lost my screen for several minutes just now, and had to do a battery pull when I decided to try max Brightness and auto off. Screen went black but a very feint underlay of an unlocked screen, but not enough to work on. I was on Tapatalk in dark mode while in sunlight, which didn't help.
Restart after battery went very dark again but just a little more light to see.
Also been noticing a feint underlay of the lock screen several times recently when locked to a black screen. Could be my phone.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited:

dkhmwilliams

May 10, 2013
Visit site
I was getting horrible battery life on my Note and I couldn't figure out why. I even Activated the power saving mode and still my battery was draining super fast. I looked in settings under battery and found the culprit to be my NBA Game Time app. 40 percent of my battery was eaten by it. I deleted the app and my battery life is awesome now.

Sent from the Galaxy Note 3...yeah, its spectacular.