Do you leave power saving mode on all the time?

Fruuk

Mar 22, 2014
Visit site
I only turn it on if I really need to save battery and know I won't be near a charger for awhile...

So majority of the time I never turn it on. I also use spare batteries which usually will eliminate the need to use this since I can swap.. Those rare times though I can't.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

How are you charging the spare batteries while using your phone?

Posted via Android Central App

sarkycow

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site
I used it for probably less than a week and it just frustrated me when it would turn things off to save power (most annoying was how it turns off sync ...and I would forget and wonder why I was getting no work emails!)

Having this phone since its release in September I've found I really don't need power save. My average battery life is over 20 hours, with over 8 hours of screen time, 8 email accounts all set to push etc.

I have a spare battery just in case ..but 8 months later I've yet to use it :)

iN8ter

Banned
Jan 23, 2012
Visit site

Not sure how you're only getting < 5 hours of screen on time on this phone @ that %. My phone routinely has 6.5-7 hours screen on time the time it's at 30%, running complete stock software with no Power Saving and Auto Brightness on - under HEAVY usage.

The only time I use Power Saving is when I'm traveling. I'll set it on to stretch out a bit more usage out of my phone, because I do not plug in at airports for fear that I'll mess up and leave my phone sitting there for some reason, and "lose" it.

missmawarlina

Jun 13, 2011
Visit site
Not sure how you're only getting < 5 hours of screen on time on this phone @ that %. My phone routinely has 6.5-7 hours screen on time the time it's at 30%, running complete stock software with no Power Saving and Auto Brightness on - under HEAVY usage.

The only time I use Power Saving is when I'm traveling. I'll set it on to stretch out a bit more usage out of my phone, because I do not plug in at airports for fear that I'll mess up and leave my phone sitting there for some reason, and "lose" it.

Maybe because im using network all the time and not a stable connection like wifi. I used to get 4 hours of screen on time only on JB. So 5 hours is an improvement to me. Lol.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

iN8ter

Banned
Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
Maybe because im using network all the time and not a stable connection like wifi. I used to get 4 hours of screen on time only on JB. So 5 hours is an improvement to me. Lol.

I'm not on WiFi all the time, most of the training facilities I'm in most of the day don't have stable WiFi connections because you end up too far away, so it's actually more efficient to stay on LTE than have your phone connecting and disconnecting from WiFi and LTE for hours at a time continuously :)

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
How are you charging the spare batteries while using your phone?

I bought a package that has an extra battery charger... So that way I can have one in the phone and one on the charger :). (see below)

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

Attachments

• extra charger.jpg
    extra charger.jpg
    112.5 KB · Views: 47

russel5150

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site
I never use it. I can get through the day and rarely even be down to 25 percent.. on the rare occasions I do get that low im at home anyway or in a car.

Ive always looked at the smart phones w the bigger batteries (razr maxx, note2, droid maxx, and now the note 3) simply because I want a full day without having to be careful of how I use my phone.

Whwn I got the note3 I was curious if the 1080 screen would burn much more battery than the 720 note2 screen did.. I was happy that I dont see a difference. . The slight battery increase made up for it.

missmawarlina

Jun 13, 2011
Visit site
I'm not on WiFi all the time, most of the training facilities I'm in most of the day don't have stable WiFi connections because you end up too far away, so it's actually more efficient to stay on LTE than have your phone connecting and disconnecting from WiFi and LTE for hours at a time continuously :)

Do u think I have a bad battery? I didnt remember how much of screen on time I used to get when 1st bought the phone. But I noticed that the battery last less when I was on MJ7. It gets better on KK.

emad1995

Jul 6, 2013
Visit site
I used to have it on 24/7 before but then I stopped using it and didn't notice any difference except that with power saving on my phone laged like a mother f**ker

FishenFool

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
Can you direct me to the one you're using? Interested in getting one myself. Thanks

Just did a search on Amazon for spare battery charger for my model phone and picked one that did the free Prime 2 day shipping.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

GULFSTREAM9

Dec 2, 2013
Visit site
I used to do it until I decided to get the extra battery kit, now everything stays on apart from gps and bluetooth unless needed.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 3

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
ejave9yz.jpg
it's a joy,, don't be a slave to the charger. Even comes with this cool battery carrier case.
7e9ygy3e.jpg

THE BEAST,,NOTE 3. SIZE IS EVERYTHING!!!

jpr

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
Where did you purchase the battery charging case?

sent from my Note 3

I'm not the person you asked, but it is available on the Samsung website under the Note 3 accessories sections if you want to make sure to get an authentic one. It is also on amazon at a cheaper price but you risk getting a fake one. In the reviews some say it is real and some say it is fake so there is a good chance it is a fake made to look real. It could still work of course even if it's fake.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance