Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Note 3 battery problem. Dead wont turn on at all/ drains fast.

Hey guys. So I dropped my Note 3 in the toilet long ago (note, i was really drunk. haha) anyway, because I was drunk, upon getting the phone, I didn't follow standard procedure (dont play with it, take out the batt, soak it in rice, etc), I just continued to use it. It still worked anyway. But as days went by, it would ONLY charge when the phone was completely drained (wouldnt charge when phone has juice in it). When I do charge it (when its dead), it would constantly vibrate nonstop. Couple of days afterwards, it would drain so fast, like 1% per minute or so with little to no usage.

And now, it just wont charge, Ive used different cables and plugs, nada. It WOULD charge from time to time- but the quick draining would remain. I tried a new battery in a store, it worked, but when I tested the charging when the phone was off, it would vibrate again. which could be a sign that it'll mess up like my first battery.

I have factory reseted it through settings, useless. I'll be trying the recovery mode tomorrow (out of town right now), would this work? If not, any solutions?

thanks!

Default Re: Note 3 battery problem. Dead wont turn on at all/ drains fast.

i always recommend factory resetting a phone before taking any drastic measures. i also had a battery drain problem from something else, maybe an app but i did a factory reset and it worked great.

if the reset doesnt work you might be looking at a done device.