Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By msndrstood
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default S-Voice Opens But Isn't Listening

Hi. I've tried to search but couldn't find this topic. I just got my Note 3. When I open S-Voice saying "Hi Galaxy" or by double tapping the home button the app opens but it isn't "listening" (the mic isn't blue). I have to press the mic button or say "Hi Galaxy" again. Also, after giving a voice command or entry, the mic doesn't come back on...I have to press it again to get it to "listen". From videos I've seen on YouTube I thought the app should open in "listen" mode and stay in "listen" mode for a brief period of time unless it hears no input. Do I have a setting wrong? FYI I do have a gear 2 but am getting the same behavior whether the gear 2 is on and paired or not. Thanks.

Global Posts
    1,196 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock JB 4.1.2

Default Re: S-Voice Opens But Isn't Listening

Open S voice by double pressing the home button, once it opens, press the soft menu key, open settings, press voice wake up, another menu will open, check that, go back one menu and check wake up command. Now S voice will work with the lock screen on and off. Hope this helps. 😊

Sent via The Big, Bad, Beautiful Note 3
    What?!...I'm msndrstood.

Sent via Note 2
    Thanked by:
    Madd54 
    Madd54 likes this.