JacksonEdwardHarrison

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
I was asked by a user to post photos here of the Spigen Glas.tr tempered glass screen protector. I've used it since Christmas and it has zero flaws. Extremely tough. What's really cool is the beveled edges add a sparkle to the perimeter of the screen that isn't there otherwise. One photo is with a case, the other without.

PicsPlay_1398180729848.jpg
PicsPlay_1398180649405.jpg

JacksonEdwardHarrison

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
It is recessed no doubt. The protector comes with three jelly buttons that actually raise the button a bit above the glass. That isn't a problem at all, but I opted to buy brushed aluminum buttons separately just for the look. I went with the black. The aluminum buttons sit flush with the glass, not above like the thicker jelly buttons.

ehosey2

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I think I would like the aluminum buttons as well. Thanks for the information. I have been debating between the Spigen, iloome, and Nilkin.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 3.

ShaggyKids

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Average replacement time frame for one of these? How well do the buttons stay on? Easier to install bubble free than the usual screen protectors?

Deb from my Note 3

JacksonEdwardHarrison

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
This video is excellent. http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=eX778DaVJYE

The installation is not difficult but the key is not trapping anything underneath. I am suuuuuper retentive and the tiniest spec would drive me insane. Whenever I install a screen protector I thoroughly clean the table, turn off the ventilation system, wash my hands very, very well then pour alcohol over my fingers (so as not to get fingerprints underneath on the adhesive), and clean the screen thoroughly with alcohol. Again, I'm just kinda nuts like that. I placed it on with natural light from a window to get it perfectly placed. You can lift an edge a adjust it if needed, but you wanna then just let it go completely and let it seal itself. Most bubbles come out on their own that way, and will work themselves out in a day or so. But again, being retention, I use quite a bit of force with a credit card to force out any air right away.

I have never had a jelly button or aluminum button fall off, or even hint as though they may. They seal very well, but also peel off when needed. The aluminum buttons are very thin, so they are likely to bend if you are rough removing them from their packaging or from your device.

This protector can take tremendous advise without scratching. I've seen YouTube videos where they use all kinds of weapons to try and scratch them, to no avail. I bet this one will shock you: http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=K7MU7WxVT-E

ehosey2

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
That video was the longest viewing I ever sat through having anything to do with an Apple product. I just can't stand Apple. I will say though the Spigen Glas tR. durability test was very impressive.

trdsol23

Jan 5, 2014
Visit site
I loved the screen protector on my iphone 5 but hated it on my Note 3. I applied it perfectly and everything and after 2 months, the edge started having air bubbles. I tried removing it with a credit card but to no avail so I just ignored it. Well, the air bubble got bigger and bigger and eventually the screen protector just started peeling. I checked and checked, but there were no cracks or chips at all. Contacted Spigen and they just said I was out of warranty. I've owned many products from Spigen and love them and I hope this doesn't happen to you. I must have gotten a defective one or something...

dkhmwilliams

May 10, 2013
Visit site
I bought the Zagg Glass screen protector and I really like it. It is about the same price as the Spigen, but I bought it at Best Buy. No bubbles, looks good, and screen clarity is excellent.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 3... yeah, it's spectacular!

smhism

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
I think I would like the aluminum buttons as well. Thanks for the information. I have been debating between the Spigen, iloome, and Nilkin.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 3.

I've been telling everyone who will listen that I love my Nillkin! And it's under $20 on amazon! I tried an iLoome Flex and the texture was off. It wasn't smooth like glass, and actually felt more like plastic.

ShaggyKids

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
So can anybody give me an easy lesson in the difference between the tR and T and whatever else there is as far as model or type? Some advertise rounded edges wouldn't they all have to have rounded edges since the phone does?

Deb from my Note 3

vpblaze

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
So can anybody give me an easy lesson in the difference between the tR and T and whatever else there is as far as model or type? Some advertise rounded edges wouldn't they all have to have rounded edges since the phone does?

Deb from my Note 3

I am curious about this as well. Which one is thinner. The T says how thin it is, but the Tr only says it is rounded edges.

Sent from my ballin Tab 3 using Tapatalk

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site

Deb from my Note 3

The difference between the 2 Spigen sells are different. the one with rounded edges the edge of the glass is rounded ( the sides like the side, bottom or top of the phone) so it isn't like just taking a slab of glass and putting it on top of your phone which is basically what the cheaper one is.

Personally I had one and returned it because honestly I hated the feel of the glass when using the screen. It just felt Different. The Screen on the note 3 is very smooth and my finger would just glide over the screen whereas on this it had some friction with the glass.

FBA

Banned
Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
I remember thinking the same thing before I had any screen protector on there...but it feels the same to me with the Zagg Glass as with nothing...

JacksonEdwardHarrison

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
I remember thinking the same thing before I had any screen protector on there...but it feels the same to me with the Zagg Glass as with nothing...

I agree. I think the glass is super smooth and nothing compares to it's glide with the S Pen.

Personally, I use the Spigen.tR, but it was about the only one available when I got mine. The Zagg is new within the last couple of months. Previously they only had film screen protectors. I like everything they make (except those film protectors) so I was glad to see them come out with a glass option. I don't know much about the Nillikin, but the price looks good.

Whatever folks choose in glass, the rounded or beveled edges are crucial IMO. They ease the transition from the glass to the edge of the phone. They virtually eliminate chipping along the edges (which was a problem in older model protectors) and they make the transition super smooth feeling in the hand. They help virtually any case fit and like I said in an earlier post, the beveled edges add some sparkle (at least with the Spigen).

Anyone considering glass vs a plastic or vinyl film protector should watch the abuse video I posted earlier in the thread. I don't have even a hint of a scratch after months of use. They're worth every penny.

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
I agree. I think the glass is super smooth and nothing compares to it's glide with the S Pen.

Personally, I use the Spigen.tR, but it was about the only one available when I got mine. The Zagg is new within the last couple of months. Previously they only had film screen protectors. I like everything they make (except those film protectors) so I was glad to see them come out with a glass option. I don't know much about the Nillikin, but the price looks good.

Whatever folks choose in glass, the rounded or beveled edges are crucial IMO. They ease the transition from the glass to the edge of the phone. They virtually eliminate chipping along the edges (which was a problem in older model protectors) and they make the transition super smooth feeling in the hand. They help virtually any case fit and like I said in an earlier post, the beveled edges add some sparkle (at least with the Spigen).

Anyone considering glass vs a plastic or vinyl film protector should watch the abuse video I posted earlier in the thread. I don't have even a hint of a scratch after months of use. They're worth every penny.

I had the spigen Glass one with rounded edges and it was pretty much the opposite of smooth. Pretty much would of made me use the s-pen or even go buy a stylus lol

Sent from my SM-N900T

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34