Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Galaxy Note 3: S voice blows

I know S voice is a work in progress but in this day and age, it should work as intended with most, if not all, devices. I also know that things can't work 100% of the time with 100% of the products on the market but here goes....

I drive a truck for a living and have to use BT as it is illegal to have a phone to your head while driving. BT is essential for me. The problem is that I have a Pioneer AVH-X3500BHS head unit that connects to my Note 3 when driving. It works flawless..EXCEPT..voice commands. With S voice, the unit simply refuses to use VC even though the feature is there. When I hit the VC button on the unit it brings up S voice but does nothing else. And yes, I have deleted, reconnected, reset the unit and phone, and numerous other possible fixes. If I use any other "personal assistant" in place of S voice, it works as intended. My HTC One works as well. What gives? To me it seems Sammy threw it out there to use without testing compatibility with numerous popular devices not of their own.
    Last edited by Gator352; 04-23-2014 at 06:20 AM.
    Note 3 / Note 2 / S4 / Moto X / hTc ONE / LG G2

Default Re: S voice blows....

Sounds like your headset is broken. S voice works great for me.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Not my headset, my pioneer head unit. It's just s voice. All other assistants work great such as dragon or my moto speak.

Posted via the porcelain throne.
    Note 3 / Note 2 / S4 / Moto X / hTc ONE / LG G2

There is an app in the Play Store called "S for Switch Voice" and "S for Switch Voice Pro". It runs constantly (though I have noticed no impact on battery in the two weeks I've been using it) and as soon as it detects that S-Voice launched, it kills it and launches Google Voice Search. I was like you. I had used Moto Active Listening and Google Voice Search with no problems in my car but S-Voice could not understand what i was saying, and my car's voice control button always launched S-Voice. This has solved my problem. Now, if I say "Hi Galaxy" Google Voice Search launches, same if I double tap my home button, I get Google Voice Seach. Even my car's voice command button now launches Google Voice Search. The free version works fine but the pro version has a few nice add ons, so I payed the buck or two that the pro version costs.
    Thanked by 2:

Default Re: Galaxy Note 3: S voice blows

Have you tried utter or can you use Google search?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

We have even tougher road laws over here.
    No driving and using the throne at the same time.
    But we probably have more rest stops per vehicle.
    I know nothing.

Yep S voice sucks. I disabled it on day 1... Google now all the way.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.