Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    3 Global Posts

Default Google Voice Actions don't work with my S View Cover using my LG Tone Pro Headset

Long title, I know, but I have a Samsung Galaxy Note 3 with an S View Cover (the flip cover with the little window), and when I use my headset to activate Google Voice Actions, it doesn't work. I think the phone is registering the phone as "sleep" because the S View cover is closed, but I'm not sure. anyone else have a similar situation? Any advice on how to rectify?

Global Posts
    694 Global Posts

Default Re: Google Voice Actions don't work with my S View Cover using my LG Tone Pro Headset

The credit goes to jdevenberg for advising about this. Try S for Switch Voice. It will launch Google Now instead of S Voice. My wife has the S View Cover and it works. I have the Pro version for my Note 3.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 3.
    Cdemikols likes this.

Default Re: Google Voice Actions don't work with my S View Cover using my LG Tone Pro Headset

Cdemikols,

Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but did S for Switch Voice solve your problem with the S-View cover closed? If so, do you have the Kit Kat update? Is your ROM jail broken?

I have a Galaxy S4 and need the ability to voice dial with the cover closed. With Jelly Bean, I could simply double tap the home button to engage S-voice. Now, with Kit Kat that behavior has been disabled.

Any other work arounds to retask another button in S-view? Thanks!

I just received my S cover today and am having the same problem. I have an LG HBS 800 bluetooth headset, and when the S cover is closed, I cannot make calls with my headset using voice commands. I tried the S for switch voice app. It doesn't work. In fact, it says right in the faq (tried to post link but apparently I must post ten times before androidcentral will let me post links) that it doesn't work with S cover, so I'm not sure why that was suggested as a solution. I saw in another thread that someone suggested using the Voicebutton app, but that doesn't solve the problem either.