- 24 Posts
- 0 Post(s)
- 0 Thread(s)
Hard to push power button?
Recently I have noticed my power button has become much hard to press, its not sticking out as much as before.. is there anyway i can fix this? Would it be covered under my warranty? Also, do Otterbox cases make it worst, I recently got an Otterbox and a friend of mine has been telling me that the Otterbox case will push the power button deeper, is this true?
- 04-27-2014, 05:29 AM #2
Re: Hard to push power button?
Sounds like you got something stuck in there, like liquid that has since dried and caused the button to stick...
It happened to me on the Home button and I ended up using some alcohol with compressed air to get it cleaned out; It has been working fine ever since.
If that's the case, follow these steps below to fix:
1) Remove the battery from the phone
2) Drop a liberal amount of alcohol around the power button so it soaks in right down to the board and let it sit in there for 30 seconds or so, while pressing and releasing the power button until it unsticks itself ...then use compressed air to blow it completely dry.
3) You may have to repeat the process a few times.
******* Use only Isopropyl alcohol...91% or greater (rubbing alcohol). It will not damage the phone. *******
- By James6969 in forum Samsung SAFE and KNOXReplies: 7Last Post: 04-14-2015, 04:04 PM
- By Batmans Cousin in forum Verizon Galaxy S3 Rooting, ROMs, and HacksReplies: 5Last Post: 05-05-2014, 10:29 AM
- By preppystud in forum Google Nexus 7 Tablet (2013)Replies: 2Last Post: 05-03-2014, 10:47 PM
- By TB-1599 in forum General Help and How ToReplies: 6Last Post: 04-28-2014, 04:17 PM
- By CannedBullets in forum Samsung Galaxy S5 Rooting, ROMs & HacksReplies: 1Last Post: 04-27-2014, 12:31 PM