Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Galaxy Note 3: Brightness bar disappeared from notification panel?

I don't know what has happened - it's not there anymore - but when I check my settings I have the box ticked for it to be in my notification panel. I've included a screen shot of that. Should I be checking anywhere else?

I restarted my phone, as well as doing a battery pull but it's still missing. I also un-checked&re-checked the box - but still nothing.

Does it disappear when the battery is under 5%?

Any suggestions would be helpful.

Cheers!

Sarks.

Sent from my SM-N900V using AC Forums mobile app
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Galaxy Note 3: Brightness bar disappeared from notification panel?-1398579715197.jpg  

Default Re: Galaxy Note 3: Brightness bar disappeared from notification panel?

Quote Originally Posted by sarkycow View Post

As you guessed, it goes away when the battery is low. Plug your phone in and it will come right back.
    Thanked by:

i have tried restarting my phone taking out the battery 2 times n my battery bar is 77% the brightness bar still not appearing!

Did you check box in settings as shown above? Sometimes there are to many notifications in your list and you have to scroll to find brightness slider...maybe someone will chime in with more ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by lterry913 View Post
    Did you check box in settings as shown above? Sometimes there are to many notifications in your list and you have to scroll to find brightness slider...maybe someone will chime in with more ideas.
    Hi! I am also having the same problem. I know that when your battery level hit 5%, the brightness slider will automatically disappear and will come back when you charge your phone. Yesterday, my phone hit below 5% and went dead as I wasn't able to charge it. When I got home, I charge it as usual, then today when I woke up, I wasn't able to find the brightness slider on the notification. I checked the settings under Settings>Display>Notification Panel>and the brightness adjustment is checked. My battery is 100% also. I restarted many time but no avail. I even wipe cache but nothing happened. I don't know what to do. I don't to go through all the trouble of resetting my phone.

Please help.
    Thanks,
    Edj

Hi,
    I have the same problem as well. Checkbox in Settings > Notifications is checked. Battery is at 85%. Have restarted device. Still, no sliders in notification menu. I am pretty sure this worked ten days ago. My device is a Note 10.1 2014 16GB with LTE.

Does anyone have any more info on this problem? Could it be one of the Samsung apps that does this?

And, no, factory reset is not an acceptable answer.

Quote Originally Posted by PatrikNydensten View Post
    Hi,
    I have the same problem as well. Checkbox in Settings > Notifications is checked. Battery is at 85%. Have restarted device. Still, no sliders in notification menu. I am pretty sure this worked ten days ago. My device is a Note 10.1 2014 16GB with LTE.

Does anyone have any more info on this problem? Could it be one of the Samsung apps that does this?

And, no, factory reset is not an acceptable answer.
    Hi! I already solved this and sorry i did not post the solution.
    Download an app in the play store called NIGHT MODE by bruno...
    Activate then deactivate.. the you will see your brightness slider back. U can uninstall the app later.
    Hope this helps.

Yes, that worked. I didn't even have to start the Night Mode service, just run the app once. Big thanks, Edjo.

Quote Originally Posted by Edjo View Post
    Hi! I already solved this and sorry i did not post the solution.
    Download an app in the play store called NIGHT MODE by bruno...
    Activate then deactivate.. the you will see your brightness slider back. U can uninstall the app later.
    Hope this helps.

This app worked for my Galaxy S5, thank you much!!!

I don't know what has happened - it's not there anymore - but when I check my settings I have the box ticked for it to be in my notification panel. I've included a screen shot of that. Should I be checking anywhere else?

I restarted my phone, as well as doing a battery pull but it's still missing. I also un-checked&re-checked the box - but still nothing.

Cheers!

Sarks.

I encountered this disappearance for awhile, here is how I solved it: select the settings icon and go under 'Display' to select the 'notification panel' and activate 'brightness adjustment' which is the first option on the list

Cheers!

Sarks.

Hi, I was facing the same problem, tried the above steps, did not work. Then after I cycled through all the brightness modes on the du power saver app, the brightness bar was back.