Junk Cleaner Apps?

Jalopiejoe

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site
Are there any cleaner apps worth trying?
The problem I have encountered with these apps is they cause my personal banner, my clock and sometimes my lock screen to freeze requiring a battery pull.
(Clean Master has been the worst at this!) I don't use the task killer.
My thinking at this point is to clear the cache periodically and let the Android system do it's own thing!
What are your thoughts?

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 3
"Size does matter!"

Jalopiejoe

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site
Clean master works fine, if you can't accept that might as well go to app manager and clean app by app cache.

It might work fine for you but not for me!
Thank You!

I had not heard of sd maid until I read this earlier. Good poster.
http://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?p=3610241

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk Pro

I downloaded SD Maid, so far so good! Looks like it may be a good app. Report back later!

"Size does matter!"

Last edited by a moderator:

NotJustAPhone

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
Please keep the discussion civil and on-topic. If you don't care for the thread or a post, then simply move on. There is no need to post if you have nothing constructive to add to the discussion.

Thread has been cleaned up. Please carry on. Thanks.

Sent from my Galaxy Note II

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Clean master works fine, if you can't accept that might as well go to app manager and clean app by app cache.

Wow that's a long and difficult way to do it.

There is actually a way easier way to do this all in one button press... And no extra app required! :). Please see below.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

Attachments

• 1398690133872.jpg
    1398690133872.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 71
  • 1398690150173.jpg
    1398690150173.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 71
  • 1398690159084.jpg
    1398690159084.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 71

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
I didn't like or think I needed clean master. I also tried sd maid yesterday but it stalled on one scan twice, and I didn't like the warning it gave about it doing deep scans at your own risk.
If I had sd card issues or other heavy problem I would try them again.

My phones capabilities are quite underused at the moment.

As @Almeuit showed, I learned early with my Note 3 - from starting a thread - about clearing cache in Storage (this is not available in my GS2 on 4.1.2).

More often I do the clearing in Recovery Mode, as it only takes a few seconds while rebooting the phone as well.

I think some people new to Android confuse or tie up cleaning Cache with clearing RAM, which unlike Windows is not required although there is still an option for it.

And I can easily accept that you can choose not to accept the Clean Master app if it doesn't suit you.

Last edited:

Jalopiejoe

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site
Wow that's a long and difficult way to do it.

There is actually a way easier way to do this all in one button press... And no extra app required! :). Please see below.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

Yes, this is the way I clean the cache and I wonder if this is all that is really needed.

I didn't like or think I needed clean master. I also tried sd maid yesterday but it stalled on one scan twice, and I didn't like the warning it gave about it doing deep scans at your own risk.
If I had sd card issues or other heavy problem I would try them again.

My phones capabilities are quite underused at the moment.

As @Almeuit showed, I learned early with my Note 3 from starting a thread about clearing cache in Storage (this is not available in my GS2 on 4.1.2).

More often I do the clearing in Recovery Mode, as it only takes a few seconds while rebooting the phone as well.

I think some people new to Android confuse or tie up cleaning Cache with clearing RAM, which unlike Windows is not required although there is still an option for it.

And I can easily accept that you can choose not to accept the Clean Master app if it doesn't suit you.

I too tried SD Maid and didn't find it very useful and yes the warning makes me hesitant to use it. I'm afraid I'll delete something I'll be sorry for!

"Size does matter!"

Last edited by a moderator:

Amia BooMaster

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
Sd maid made me nervous. I desided to stay away.

Also cleaner master should never cost problems with cache. You must have tried to clear the ram or something.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

Jalopiejoe

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site
Sd maid made me nervous. I desided to stay away.

Also cleaner master should never cost problems with cache. You must have tried to clear the ram or something.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

With Clean Master,
You may be right! I may try shutting off everything and only using " Junk Files"
I think clearing RAM or using task killers gets you into trouble with freezing!

"Size does matter!"

rivencap

Oct 27, 2011
Visit site
I do the same with clean master, as the above poster. Turn everything off in settings and use only the junk file option. Love that it deletes apks/files left over from apps I have removed/deleted from my device. 😆

Palm Treo line > BlackBerry line > Samsung Galaxy S line > NOW the awesome & powerful Samsung Galaxy Note 3! 😆📱😆

koperal

Feb 20, 2017
Visit site
Cleaner Master is fake junk cleaning. you can use other apps for junk cleaner. i use 'free cleaner for android'. it's work properly i think..

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParkerAdams