Not seeing the auto brightness offset slider

dgprakash

Mar 16, 2013
Visit site
I am not seeing the auto brightness slider which increases or decreases the auto brightness offset when I check the brightness setting as auto. .. any ideas as to what I am missing here? I am seeing it in all the videos and images that came up when I searched this issue so I am sure I am doing something wrong but don't know what. .

Posted via Android Central App

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
Try: Settings - Device - Notification Panel - Brightness Adjustment, tick on.
Or as per other thread below it seems to go off below 5% battery.
If not these I don't know.

dgprakash

Mar 16, 2013
Visit site
Thanks, but no...none of the above suggestions work...battery is at 95% right now and still no offset adjustment option for auto brightness

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
Perhaps post 2 screenshots. I am not sure if you mean it disappears when you set auto, or its not in the notifications shade and / or Display menu.
The slider is also removed if there are a lot of messages on the notification shade.
Are you on a US carrier?

sege5epu.jpg

usava7es.jpg

**You cannot post screenshots on the Android Central app you were on, so no need really.
You can upload images via the Tapatalk or AC Forums app.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited:

dgprakash

Mar 16, 2013
Visit site
^^ yes I am on att u.s.

On both of the screens you have shown above I don't see the numbers on mine which would allow me to change the value. ...

And I meant that its not in the notifications shade or display menu

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
^^ yes I am on att u.s.

On both of the screens you have shown above I don't see the numbers on mine which would allow me to change the value. ...

And I meant that its not in the notifications shade or display menu

If you're just not seeing the numbers but have the slider, that is apparently down to the carrier as that also came up in a very recent thread.
I hope someone can chip in here as I won't have time to look for the thread until later.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Yeah not an option in the Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3

eme7ypud.jpg

dpham00, Android Central Moderator
Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3

dgprakash

Mar 16, 2013
Visit site
Thanks. ..I don't have the numbers or the slider. . There is just no option for the offset.. will post in that thread too

The1Metallian

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
I don't see the slider at all, there's nothing between the big icons for Wifi, Location, e c and the bar that says "Notifications". Gone. I've tried everything - gone back to Settings / My Device / Display / Notifications Panel and I've turned the option off and on, I've pulled tell battery. I don't know what else to do. It happened overnight, not following and upgrade.

Galaxy S3, Android 4.4.2

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
This is probably old ground, but I found this week that on the Display settings screen, the Brightness setting gets moved up so you have to scroll down to see it.
I was below 5% and it was greyed out.
If it's visible, Edit Before Capture on the bottom is not.

The1Metallian

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
This is probably old ground, but I found this week that on the Display settings screen, the Brightness setting gets moved up so you have to scroll down to see it.
I was below 5% and it was greyed out.
If it's visible, Edit Before Capture on the bottom is not.

Thanks for the reply. I'm not following, I apologize. The slider is gone from the notification panel. I do find it in the Display settings, but it is a lot of taps to get there, I need it where it used to be. Thanks.

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the reply. I'm not following, I apologize. The slider is gone from the notification panel. I do find it in the Display settings, but it is a lot of taps to get there, I need it where it used to be. Thanks.

Sorry, I wasn't offering a solution. Just an observation since it was brought up again.
I thought this was solved. I don't know.

ADDED: (my battery has died before 6pm here, again, so I can't check the phone).
I thought someone said it can be carrier related.
Sent from my XT1039 using Tapatalk

The1Metallian

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
I found the solution on a different post in this site. I downloaded the app Night Mode, I started it, stopped it, and the slider was back where it used to be. I then uninstalled the app and the slider is still there. Weird!

lterry913

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
Sometimes apps we install will only allow you to adjust brightness within the app itself...like kindle...if the app is always running in the background it could have caused the bar to disappear...maybe installing the other app stopped all the other brightness controls that could have been stuck running...dunno? Glad it worked tho...I recently installed an on screen brightness control that was mentioned in one of those threads by rubberbigpepper called brightness control. It add the ability to control brightness and it overlays every screen...comes in handy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781