Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default S-Pen display question

I have a friend with a note 3 that when she pulls her pen out the circular Air Command thing automatically pops up. If she does something with her pen and finishes that task and wants the Air Command circle to come up again all she does is to point and hold her pen just above her screen. When I try to do this I have to hold the button on the pen and make circles in the air above my screen in order for that circular control to show back up. I've been playing with the pen settings and we even compared our settings and hers are the same as mine. So my question is why do I have to make circles and she doesn't?

Deb from my Note 3
    Deb
    Save a life & make your life better.
    Adopt a rescue or shelter dog.

Default Re: S-Pen display question

It sounds like there may be a problem with either the magnetic field of your phone or the circuitry in your S-pen. An easy way to see if it's the pen would be to switch pens for a minute with your friend and you each see if you get the same results on your respective phones. If your not going to be seeing this friend in person anytime soon you could go to a store that sells the Note 3 and try a display pen.

If you bought it from a store or through a carrier it would be best to go to that store. If it looks like the pen is defective and you bought it there, they will likely replace the pen for you right then unless it looks like it has been damaged. If it seems the phone is not working properly and you can demonstrate that to a store employee then you can likely get it replaced. Although if it is after your return period, you will likely get a refurb so decide how bad the problem is to you first compared to getting a refurb. If you didn't buy in person or through a carrier, then you'd have to contact Samsung.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Do you have to make circles to make it pop up?

Deb from my Note 3
    Deb

If you both have the Air Command slider on, I don't know why drawing a circle brings it up.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk Pro
    I know nothing. Caution: I can edit and delete for no reason.

Quote Originally Posted by ShaggyKids View Post
    Do you have to make circles to make it pop up?

Deb from my Note 3
    No. As long as the tip is close enough to the screen for the little circle to show on screen, all I have to do is press the button.
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by jpr View Post
    No. As long as the tip is close enough to the screen for the little circle to show on screen, all I have to do is press the button.
    Ditto this for me.

Posted via Android Central App
    Thanked by:
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

That was it. I wasn't holding it close enough to the screen. Thanks!

Deb from my Note 3
    Deb