Need Solution to Camera Issue

clitrenta

Nov 5, 2009
Visit site
I feel that this issue is probably just a setting so I was hoping someone could point me in the right direction because it's becoming annoying. Every time I take a picture, I have to hold the phone in place until it's done "processing" (long after the shutter click) or the picture comes out blurry. It can't actually be designed this way. Anyone??? :confused:

z06mike

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
That's because smart stabilization/low light setting is on. You can turn it off and it will not have to process anything, but shots that are in moderate to low lighting will come out darker.

clitrenta

Nov 5, 2009
Visit site
That's because smart stabilization/low light setting is on. You can turn it off and it will not have to process anything, but shots that are in moderate to low lighting will come out darker.

See, I knew it had to be a setting. Thanks, that did the trick. :D

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
Hmm. I found in practice, with it on, it will mostly take a focused photo in daylight straight away (ok it decides processing isn't needed then) - but also if I take a twilight / night shot outdoors the processing bar comes up but I am usually moving the phone away after the shot and it's still good.

Via my Note 3 on AC.

ehosey2

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
^ Yes, I usually leave it on as well being that in most cases the environment I am in has sufficient lighting and that the camera's processing function isn't needed. I am overall satisfied with the Note 3 camera. I tried other camera applications specifically for its low light capabilities but in the end the built in has always in my case provided the best results.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0.

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
Me too. I'll stick with the phones set up for now. I am finally getting some good evening / night shots just on Auto and Smart Stab. I have to try adding HDR as well.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk Pro

z06mike

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
I agree. I think stock is still the best option overall. I just wish it didn't have to process a fairly lit scene and would only do it under "night" conditions.

clitrenta

Nov 5, 2009
Visit site
I can live with it but for the record, my previous phone, the Lumia 1020 took the most amazing pictures and it is second to none in low light settings. The room could be almost pitch black and it would still turn out great. Amazing camera phone.

z06mike

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
I can live with it but for the record, my previous phone, the Lumia 1020 took the most amazing pictures and it is second to none in low light settings. The room could be almost pitch black and it would still turn out great. Amazing camera phone.

Yeah but there is a huge difference with the camera/sensor on that phone compared to this one.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

dgprakash

Mar 16, 2013
Visit site
Yes , the smart stabilization is strictly for lowlight shots... and the flash is damn powerful which helps a lot..

Anyone figured out how to get good macro shots with the stock camera app?

When the subject is smaller than the focus box i find it is almost impossible to focus on it. ...

Posted via Android Central App

clitrenta

Nov 5, 2009
Visit site
Yeah but there is a huge difference with the camera/sensor on that phone compared to this one.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

No doubt and I still love my Note 3 more. The Lumia camera is great but the Note gives me more of what I need.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Markizta