Why no S5 menu and icons with KK.

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
I played with an S5 for the first time. It really is a lot better. Getting a little jealous.

Customisable settings layout - tabbed or 1 page categorized lists....
Much nicer icons.
Floating round thingy on screen for shortcuts, called Toolbox.

The Note 3 icons are the same as my 2011 S2.

So much worry, heartache, pain and waiting .... for so little gain.
A white panel - Yippee!

Any more updates coming?

Feeling neglected and let down Sammy.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited:

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
I played with an S5 for the first time. It really is a lot better. Getting a little jealous.

Much nicer icons.

A white panel - Yippee!

Any more updates coming?

LOL!

They didn't include the "new" TW in our KK update as when it was OTA'd, the S5 with the "new" TW wasn't released. They wanted the "new" TW to be exclusive to the "new" S5 first. This makes sense. BUT, you can blame Google for the fast track update to KK probably causing Sammy to not have time to include it. Think about it though, If Sammy would have told Google to kiss it so they could implement the "new" TW in KK customers would be SCREAMING "WHERE'S MY KK? I WANT IT NOW!!!!!"

We should be getting 4.4.3 and Sammy might just include it in there....not sure, but it's a possibility.

FBA

Banned
Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
...or it will be on the Note 4! I use Nova anyway. That said, I see Nova hasn't updated the software to address the SD card issue on KK. It will not backup to the SD card anymore. Should I b!tch and whine like some other pansies? LOL

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
LOL!

They didn't include the "new" TW in our KK update as when it was OTA'd, the S5 with the "new" TW wasn't released. They wanted the "new" TW to be exclusive to the "new" S5 first. This makes sense. BUT, you can blame Google for the fast track update to KK probably causing Sammy to not have time to include it. Think about it though, If Sammy would have told Google to kiss it so they could implement the "new" TW in KK customers would be SCREAMING "WHERE'S MY KK? I WANT IT NOW!!!!!"

We should be getting 4.4.3 and Sammy might just include it in there....not sure, but it's a possibility.

Yeh. Good points.

From Samsung's point of view half was because they didn't want to screw up their marketing for the yet to be released S5, and half they wanted to finalise KK for the Note 3.

They are two very different phones though. They could have them side by side now.
I'm surprised there isn't a campaign from N3 users for the new TW. It would have been so much better.
Most forums want to hate on TW it would seem, so no one wants to admit they like it.
We deserve a better TW. Probably the S5 forums are hating on it already. But I want it.
With KK my phone is just the same. I want something new to look at and play with, and that's free.

I still feel short changed though. They should give us a 4.4.3 with the new TW, but that's down to Google.

I wish you hadn't explained it so well and burst my bubble.

I really liked it. I really want it. Darn!

Sulk - Sulk - Sulk - Sulk :(

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
...or it will be on the Note 4! I use Nova anyway. That said, I see Nova hasn't updated the software to address the SD card issue on KK. It will not backup to the SD card anymore. Should I b!tch and whine like some other pansies? LOL
Whining is good for you.
YeH I think I may try some launchers soon or what ever their called, without rooting. Getting tired of old TW.

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site

Of coarse you should! Too the developer anyways....B!thing can be a good release of energy to people you don't know....makes me feel good anyways!

Yeh. Good points.

From Samsung's point of view half was because they didn't want to screw up their marketing for the yet to be released S5, and half they wanted to finalise KK for the Note 3.

They are two very different phones though. They could have them side by side now.
I'm surprised there isn't a campaign from N3 users for the new TW. It would have been so much better.
Most forums want to hate on TW it would seem, so no one wants to admit they like it.
We deserve a better TW. Probably the S5 forums are hating on it already. But I want it.
With KK my phone is just the same. I want something new to look at and play with, and that's free.

I still feel short changed though. They should give us a 4.4.3 with the new TW, but that's down to Google.

Sorry man, didn't mean to do it! :) Ok I did....now suck it up and try different launchers!

danube100

Apr 25, 2014
Visit site

Much nicer icons.

A white panel - Yippee!

Any more updates coming?

Even I loved the S5 when I was playing with it but they will not release S5 features on the note 3 (although just a guess) as they want more sales for S5 and if they do introduce the features on Note 3, then I guess people will not buy S5.

Again I might be wrong.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

sarkycow

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site
Yeh. Good points.

Do you need a hug, Madd? :)

Posted via Android Central App

sean2021

Apr 11, 2014
Visit site
Wondering the exact same thing, the Galaxy Note 3 is still one of there Flagship smartphones so why are we treated like second best when it comes to software...

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
Question, what does a launcher do? Change your icons?

Sent From My Samsung Note 3

It's safe to try one. Just turn it off like an app I think and go back to Touchwiz Home.
I tried Themer Beta, which is very good. I just didn't have the patience to configure all the little things. The app is still on my phone and gets updates.
You must follow back the screenshots sticky for the Note 3.
Spencerdl and Ivan are two of the experts. It's cool to follow.
3 ladies that I remember are very good - Taisme, Blackmagicwoman and Gadgetmomma. You're artistic, you'll like it.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?p=3623586

http://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?t=385851

Last edited:

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Question, what does a launcher do? Change your icons?

Sent From My Samsung Note 3

That, and adds so many more options for customizing your phone. Color themes, scrolling animation for the desktop and app drawer, adding folders to the dock, adding dock pages, removing the dock period, the list goes on, and root access is not required.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using AC Forums mobile app

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
It's safe to try one. Just turn it off like an app I think and go back to Touchwiz Home.

Some launchers allow changing the default launcher. Opening another launcher can work, and uninstalling the downloaded one will bring you back to the stock one.

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
Some launchers allow changing the default launcher. Opening another launcher can work, and uninstalling the downloaded one will bring you back to the stock one.

Oh. OK. I should not assume all launchers are lightweight. Thx.

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
If you would like the S5 experience on your note 3 there is port available..

Black Ice Rom/Firmware that is all be it still in beta but i have flashed and all main things are working for me with the lean kernel.

Camera is fine, wifi, data & calls, mms, texts, bluetooth, apps are all just fine.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2722989

Posted via Android Central App

Only lightweight launchers for me, but I wondered if someone already did a clone of the new look. Thanks.

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
Wondering the exact same thing, the Galaxy Note 3 is still one of there Flagship smartphones so why are we treated like second best when it comes to software...

Gator explained it logically, just when I didn't want logic. :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante