Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Why no S5 menu and icons with KK.

I played with an S5 for the first time. It really is a lot better. Getting a little jealous.

Customisable settings layout - tabbed or 1 page categorized lists....
    Much nicer icons.
    Floating round thingy on screen for shortcuts, called Toolbox.

The Note 3 icons are the same as my 2011 S2.

So much worry, heartache, pain and waiting .... for so little gain.
    A white panel - Yippee!

Any more updates coming?

Feeling neglected and let down Sammy.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk Pro

Default Re: Why no S5 menu and icons with KK.

Quote Originally Posted by Madd54 View Post
    I played with an S5 for the first time. It really is a lot better. Getting a little jealous.

Much nicer icons.

A white panel - Yippee!

Any more updates coming?

LOL!

They didn't include the "new" TW in our KK update as when it was OTA'd, the S5 with the "new" TW wasn't released. They wanted the "new" TW to be exclusive to the "new" S5 first. This makes sense. BUT, you can blame Google for the fast track update to KK probably causing Sammy to not have time to include it. Think about it though, If Sammy would have told Google to kiss it so they could implement the "new" TW in KK customers would be SCREAMING "WHERE'S MY KK? I WANT IT NOW!!!!!"

We should be getting 4.4.3 and Sammy might just include it in there....not sure, but it's a possibility.
    Note 4/ Note 3 / Note 2 / hTc One E8 / Moto X / hTc ONE / LG G3 / iTerd 5s / iTerd 6
    Thanked by:
    Madd54 
    FBA

Global Posts
    2,444 Global Posts

...or it will be on the Note 4! I use Nova anyway. That said, I see Nova hasn't updated the software to address the SD card issue on KK. It will not backup to the SD card anymore. Should I b!tch and whine like some other pansies? LOL
    Converted lifetime BlackBerry user, now on Samsung Note 3...
    Bye bye Blackberry, forever.
    Thanked by 3:
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Quote Originally Posted by Gator352 View Post
    LOL!

They didn't include the "new" TW in our KK update as when it was OTA'd, the S5 with the "new" TW wasn't released. They wanted the "new" TW to be exclusive to the "new" S5 first. This makes sense. BUT, you can blame Google for the fast track update to KK probably causing Sammy to not have time to include it. Think about it though, If Sammy would have told Google to kiss it so they could implement the "new" TW in KK customers would be SCREAMING "WHERE'S MY KK? I WANT IT NOW!!!!!"

We should be getting 4.4.3 and Sammy might just include it in there....not sure, but it's a possibility.
    Yeh. Good points.

From Samsung's point of view half was because they didn't want to screw up their marketing for the yet to be released S5, and half they wanted to finalise KK for the Note 3.

They are two very different phones though. They could have them side by side now.
    I'm surprised there isn't a campaign from N3 users for the new TW. It would have been so much better.
    Most forums want to hate on TW it would seem, so no one wants to admit they like it.
    We deserve a better TW. Probably the S5 forums are hating on it already. But I want it.
    With KK my phone is just the same. I want something new to look at and play with, and that's free.

I still feel short changed though. They should give us a 4.4.3 with the new TW, but that's down to Google.

I wish you hadn't explained it so well and burst my bubble.

I really liked it. I really want it. Darn!

Sulk - Sulk - Sulk - Sulk
    sarkycow likes this.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Quote Originally Posted by FBA View Post
    ...or it will be on the Note 4! I use Nova anyway. That said, I see Nova hasn't updated the software to address the SD card issue on KK. It will not backup to the SD card anymore. Should I b!tch and whine like some other pansies? LOL
    Whining is good for you.
    YeH I think I may try some launchers soon or what ever their called, without rooting. Getting tired of old TW.

Quote Originally Posted by FBA View Post
    Of coarse you should! Too the developer anyways....B!thing can be a good release of energy to people you don't know....makes me feel good anyways!

Yeh. Good points.

From Samsung's point of view half was because they didn't want to screw up their marketing for the yet to be released S5, and half they wanted to finalise KK for the Note 3.

They are two very different phones though. They could have them side by side now.
    I'm surprised there isn't a campaign from N3 users for the new TW. It would have been so much better.
    Most forums want to hate on TW it would seem, so no one wants to admit they like it.
    We deserve a better TW. Probably the S5 forums are hating on it already. But I want it.
    With KK my phone is just the same. I want something new to look at and play with, and that's free.

I still feel short changed though. They should give us a 4.4.3 with the new TW, but that's down to Google.

Sorry man, didn't mean to do it! Ok I did....now suck it up and try different launchers!
    Note 4/ Note 3 / Note 2 / hTc One E8 / Moto X / hTc ONE / LG G3 / iTerd 5s / iTerd 6
    Madd54 likes this.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Sorry man, didn't mean to do it! Ok I did....now suck it up and try different launchers!
    LOL
    FBA

Global Posts
    2,444 Global Posts

Whining is good for you.
    YeH I think I may try some launchers soon or what ever their called, without rooting. Getting tired of old TW.
    TW isn't going to win any awards...
    Converted lifetime BlackBerry user, now on Samsung Note 3...
    Bye bye Blackberry, forever.
    Gator352 and Madd54 like this.

Question, what does a launcher do? Change your icons?

Sent From My Samsung Note 3

Much nicer icons.

A white panel - Yippee!

Any more updates coming?

Even I loved the S5 when I was playing with it but they will not release S5 features on the note 3 (although just a guess) as they want more sales for S5 and if they do introduce the features on Note 3, then I guess people will not buy S5.

Again I might be wrong.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
    Madd54 likes this.

Yeh. Good points.

Do you need a hug, Madd? :-)

Posted via Android Central App
    Thanked by:
    Madd54 
    Madd54 likes this.

Wondering the exact same thing, the Galaxy Note 3 is still one of there Flagship smartphones so why are we treated like second best when it comes to software...
    Madd54 likes this.
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

Quote Originally Posted by sarkycow View Post
    Do you need a hug, Madd? :-)

Certainly do!

Why should they get all the nice stuff? We were here first.

Got a hankie?

Gator352 likes this.
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #14  

Quote Originally Posted by JellyBeanGurl View Post

It's safe to try one. Just turn it off like an app I think and go back to Touchwiz Home.
    I tried Themer Beta, which is very good. I just didn't have the patience to configure all the little things. The app is still on my phone and gets updates.
    You must follow back the screenshots sticky for the Note 3.
    Spencerdl and Ivan are two of the experts. It's cool to follow.
    3 ladies that I remember are very good - Taisme, Blackmagicwoman and Gadgetmomma. You're artistic, you'll like it.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/sho....php?p=3623586

What Launchers are you guys using?

Global Posts
    22,242 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

Quote Originally Posted by JellyBeanGurl View Post

That, and adds so many more options for customizing your phone. Color themes, scrolling animation for the desktop and app drawer, adding folders to the dock, adding dock pages, removing the dock period, the list goes on, and root access is not required.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using AC Forums mobile app

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here
    Thanked by 2:
    Madd54 likes this.

Global Posts
    22,242 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

It's safe to try one. Just turn it off like an app I think and go back to Touchwiz Home.

Some launchers allow changing the default launcher. Opening another launcher can work, and uninstalling the downloaded one will bring you back to the stock one.

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here
    Thanked by:
    Madd54 
  17. Thread Author  Thread Author    #17  

Quote Originally Posted by Golfdriver97 View Post
    Some launchers allow changing the default launcher. Opening another launcher can work, and uninstalling the downloaded one will bring you back to the stock one.

Oh. OK. I should not assume all launchers are lightweight. Thx.

Banned

If you would like the S5 experience on your note 3 there is port available..

Black Ice Rom/Firmware that is all be it still in beta but i have flashed and all main things are working for me with the lean kernel.

Camera is fine, wifi, data & calls, mms, texts, bluetooth, apps are all just fine.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2722989

Madd54 likes this.
  19. Thread Author  Thread Author    #19  

Quote Originally Posted by Duncan1982 View Post
    If you would like the S5 experience on your note 3 there is port available..

Black Ice Rom/Firmware that is all be it still in beta but i have flashed and all main things are working for me with the lean kernel.

Camera is fine, wifi, data & calls, mms, texts, bluetooth, apps are all just fine.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2722989

Only lightweight launchers for me, but I wondered if someone already did a clone of the new look. Thanks.

20. Thread Author  Thread Author    #20  

Quote Originally Posted by sean2021 View Post
    Wondering the exact same thing, the Galaxy Note 3 is still one of there Flagship smartphones so why are we treated like second best when it comes to software...
    Gator explained it logically, just when I didn't want logic.

Gator352 likes this.
    Banned

Only lightweight launchers for me, but I wondered if someone already did a clone of the new look. Thanks.

No probs yes by the sound of things it was very complicated, but its not bad at all, has all the S5 features, kids mode, download booster, extreme battery saving ect, and its snappy and smooth, battery seems to drain a bit quicker, but perhaps the rom needs to settle.

There are S5 launchers available but I'm sure root is required.

Thanked by:
    Madd54 
    Madd54 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Golfdriver97 View Post

The only problem with launchers is that with most of em, you lose some of the features of TW such as the S pen....or am I wrong?
    Banned

The only problem with launchers is that with most of em, you lose some of the features of TW such as the S pen....or am I wrong?
    Launchers shouldn't effect any features such as S-Pen or Air View, may effect things like google now or My Magazine.

Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by Duncan1982 View Post
    Launchers shouldn't effect any features such as S-Pen or Air View, may effect things like google now or My Magazine.

I used launchers on every phone before my N3. I had read that most launchers kill S pen features etc. so I kind of stayed away. I think I'll start playing around again. I own Nova, Apex, and Themer to be exact!
    Banned

I used launchers on every phone before my N3. I had read that most launchers kill S pen features etc. so I kind of stayed away. I think I'll start playing around again. I own Nova, Apex, and Themer to be exact!
    I have had many launchers and all have retained s-pen functionality, roms like AOSP will loose all S-Pen Functionality but that is kind of the point.

I have had, Smart Launcher, Aviate, Apex, Nova, Action, Launcher 3D, and more that i forget the names of and all have been fine.

Thanked by:
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast