Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By JellyBeanGurl
  • 1 Post By Gator352
  • 1 Post By langthang88
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default my new Galaxy Note 3 suddently died

It happened today. I just used my 3 months old Galaxy Note 3 to make a 2 minutes phone call in the car (of course with Bluetooth device) without any problem. Then, I kept it in my pocket after using. At that time, the battery was still full. No phone drop. Five minutes later, when I got home, I took my phone out of the pocket and I saw it completely black!!! I tried to turn it on but...no luck. It sounded a little bit (music), the blue light on top left was lighted in a second then off, completely. Can't turn on anymore. Tried to charge... took the battery off then reinstalled...still not working. The phone now completely died, I guess. What should I do? Actually I dropped the phone once one month ago. There was a little cracker on screen near the power button. However after that, there had been no problem till now. I don't understand why and how my phone stops functioning. Please help! Any advice will be appreciated. Thanks!!!

Global Posts
    47 Global Posts

Default Re: my new Galaxy Note 3 suddently died

I hope you have insurance.

I'm on my 3rd GN3 through Verizon. The first one i had done the exact same thing as yours in the first 2 weeks. I took it back to the store and they gave me a new one. I just swapped that Note3 for a refurb last month because my bluetooth signal was very weak. As soon as i stuck my phone in my pocket, my headset said that my phone was out of range.

I love the phone so far but I have some concerns on the build. I normally have terrible luck with phones. I always get the lemons.

Is there any way you can check the battery? Maybe its no good.

Sent from the Samsung Galaxy Note 3...yeah, it's spectacular.

Quote Originally Posted by langthang88 View Post
    It happened today. I just used my 3 months old Galaxy Note 3 to make a 2 minutes phone call in the car (of course with Bluetooth device) without any problem. Then, I kept it in my pocket after using. At that time, the battery was still full. No phone drop. Five minutes later, when I got home, I took my phone out of the pocket and I saw it completely black!!! I tried to turn it on but...no luck. It sounded a little bit (music), the blue light on top left was lighted in a second then off, completely. Can't turn on anymore. Tried to charge... took the battery off then reinstalled...still not working. The phone now completely died, I guess. What should I do? Actually I dropped the phone once one month ago. There was a little cracker on screen near the power button. However after that, there had been no problem till now. I don't understand why and how my phone stops functioning. Please help! Any advice will be appreciated. Thanks!!!
    Have you tried recovery mode.
    Phone off. Hold Volume up/top - home - power button together.
    Scroll options with the volume key, select with power button.
    Usually used for clearing cache, so try clearing cache which only takes seconds, the reboot/restart option will be highlighted, press Power button and it restarts.
    If this doesn't cure it consider going back and choosing master reset where it will wipe your personal info and apps but you will get apps back from Play Store.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk Pro

Do you have any other batteries you could try? Maybe the battery died.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.
    Sent from my T-Mobile Note 4 using AC Forums.

Not to call BS or anything but what's the point of you saying you didn't drop it then suddenly saying..."Well actually".......

Sounds like it held out for you for a month, then pressure in your pocket did for it. It may be a simple connection fix if the screen was fine. If you can't go the insurance route or a carrier replacement you shouldn't get too ripped off for possibly a simple repair, don't know, - but worth finding somewhere for an estimate.

I find that a lot of these so-called weird glitch are happening because we're downloading bogus/crappy apps that are harmful to the phone. My friend is on her third Samsung and told me that it was because they kept downloading apps and phone started to act up. Just thought I'd share that. Not saying this is what happened to the OP.

Sent From My Samsung Note 3
    Madd54 likes this.

Downloading a bunch of apps, especially free ones with boat loads of ads, can take up resources that would kill an OX.
    Note 4/ Note 3 / Note 2 / hTc One E8 / Moto X / hTc ONE / LG G3 / iTerd 5s / iTerd 6
    Thanked by:
    Madd54 likes this.

Yes and it's a way of getting you to buy a pro version. Just bought Album Art Grabber, which is good, but I paid 1.30 ish extra.
    Don't like any unnecessary apps and have only 1 game, though I downloaded 2 or 3 wifi apps yesterday with intent to delete them. One I like.

11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

thanks polaraman but sadly, I don't have insurance.
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

thanks for your suggestion. I did try with another battery but still not working. Thanks anyway.
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

thanks madd54, I tried as recover mode as you said but ....not working. I think I have to take it to repair shop. Thanks for all replies so quickly. Have a good day guys
    Madd54 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by langthang88 View Post
    thanks for your suggestion. I did try with another battery but still not working. Thanks anyway.
    it can be a hardware or software problem
    a hardware problem can be caused due to that crack
    or may be a software problem
    use kies to update it again
    if the problem still exist use Odin to re flash

none of this works, take your phone to service centre
    Dont' Forget to press Thank you button and like button when you get an answer