Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By jpr
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Exynos or Snapdragon

Hello, my dad has a Samsung Galaxy Note 3 and he wants to upgrade the phone to 4.4.2. We found the file, but it was 'Exynos'.
    How to check what kind of Note 3 we have? Exynos or Snapdragon?
    Please reply as fast as possible, appreciated.

Default Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Exynos or Snapdragon

Check the Model Number of the phone under About Device in Settings. But (and I mean this sincerely, not as insult) if neither you nor your father even knows which phone model he has, which processor is in it, nor how to determine that without asking on a forum, I would really suggest you not upgrade the software on the phone yourselves. Wait until it is available OTA under software update.
    Madd54 likes this.

Yes. There are apps that scan the hardware for you. I don't know how you found the file except through a dedicated firmware website, but it may not suit your carrier or version. There are many versions of either cpu, well one anyway. If you have not had a notification via Kies on a pc, or in Software updates in About Device, I would wait until it is available.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk Pro
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Quote Originally Posted by jpr View Post
    Check the Model Number of the phone under About Device in Settings. But (and I mean this sincerely, not as insult) if neither you nor your father even knows which phone model he has, which processor is in it, nor how to determine that without asking on a forum, I would really suggest you not upgrade the software on the phone yourselves. Wait until it is available OTA under software update.
    Quote Originally Posted by Madd54 View Post
    Yes. There are apps that scan the hardware for you. I don't know how you found the file except through a dedicated firmware website, but it may not suit your carrier or version. There are many versions of either cpu, well one anyway. If you have not had a notification via Kies on a pc, or in Software updates in About Device, I would wait until it is available.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk Pro
    Thanks.