So I've always used Lockscreen Policy when using Android in order to disable the Messaging widgets on the lock screen. However, LP isn't working on 4.4.2 KitKat (AT&T). Is there anything similar anyone can recommend without it being a complete lock screen change type app?

Input and suggestions will be much appreciated. Thanks (:
    05-02-2014 05:04 PM
    Checking with the guys for you .

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.
    05-02-2014 09:47 PM
    The ability to disable lockscreen widgets has been added as a setting itself in 4.4; in stock Android it's found at Settings > Security > Enable widgets. That's probably your best bet, short of using a third-party lockscreen replacement. On the Note 3, the widgets are disabled if you set a security method (e.g. a PIN or pattern lock)... at least I think that behavior is retained with the 4.4 update. I do believe that removes quick camera access as well, though.
    Aquila likes this.
    05-02-2014 10:05 PM
    Yeah. I read about that ability being available in the security settings in kit kat. Unfortunately it's not in the settings for 4.4.2 on att. I have a pin lock and the widget still comes. I guess I'll just wait and see if the dev updates lockscreen policy. Thanks for the replies, guys.
    Patrick Schroedl likes this.
    05-03-2014 01:21 AM
    Bumping this to see if anything new has come about for this problem. Lockscreen policy hasn't been updated and I've searched pretty hard for a solution. Just hoping something has come about since May 2nd...
    06-15-2014 01:01 PM
    If you're just trying to turn off the messaging popup on the lockscreen you can do that in message settings. Under the More tab, uncheck Preview.
    06-15-2014 01:42 PM
    It is off. It doesn't turn off the widget though.
    06-16-2014 04:58 PM
    Hi! I have the same complaint...check out this app.. GO LOCKER. It totally locks everything from showing on the phone when it's locked! You get the little icons at the top but no annoying message or mismissed call previews on sceeen. Not as good as lock screen policy because you can't turn off your alarm without unlocking the phone. You also don't have the emergency dialers access because the screen is locked. You CAN answer calls! Would love a new lock screen policy to be updated that we can use but until then this will do!:*)
    07-17-2014 10:07 PM
    Hi! I have the same complaint...check out this app.. GO LOCKER. It totally locks everything from showing on the phone when it's locked! You get the little icons at the top but no annoying message or mismissed call previews on sceeen. Not as good as lock screen policy because you can't turn off your alarm without unlocking the phone. You also don't have the emergency dialers access because the screen is locked. You CAN answer calls! Would love a new lock screen policy to be updated that we can use but until then this will do!:*)
    The dev for Lockscreen Policy updated the app and added the ability for the option to uninstall the app for phones that the app won't work on. Including Samsung devices on 4.4.2
    07-29-2014 05:18 PM
    so.....does it get rid of the annoying missed call or message widgets? If so what is the ap called?
    08-05-2014 03:39 PM