App like Lockscreen Policy to disable lockscreen widgets?

May 16, 2010
Visit site
So I've always used Lockscreen Policy when using Android in order to disable the Messaging widgets on the lock screen. However, LP isn't working on 4.4.2 KitKat (AT&T). Is there anything similar anyone can recommend without it being a complete lock screen change type app?

Input and suggestions will be much appreciated. Thanks :)

zkSharks

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
The ability to disable lockscreen widgets has been added as a setting itself in 4.4; in stock Android it's found at Settings > Security > Enable widgets. That's probably your best bet, short of using a third-party lockscreen replacement. On the Note 3, the widgets are disabled if you set a security method (e.g. a PIN or pattern lock)... at least I think that behavior is retained with the 4.4 update. :) I do believe that removes quick camera access as well, though.

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Yeah. I read about that ability being available in the security settings in kit kat. Unfortunately it's not in the settings for 4.4.2 on att. I have a pin lock and the widget still comes. I guess I'll just wait and see if the dev updates lockscreen policy. Thanks for the replies, guys.

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Bumping this to see if anything new has come about for this problem. Lockscreen policy hasn't been updated and I've searched pretty hard for a solution. Just hoping something has come about since May 2nd...

jpr

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
If you're just trying to turn off the messaging popup on the lockscreen you can do that in message settings. Under the More tab, uncheck Preview.

1princess

Jul 18, 2014
Visit site
Hi! I have the same complaint...check out this app.. GO LOCKER. It totally locks everything from showing on the phone when it's locked! You get the little icons at the top but no annoying message or mismissed call previews on sceeen. Not as good as lock screen policy because you can't turn off your alarm without unlocking the phone. You also don't have the emergency dialers access because the screen is locked. You CAN answer calls! Would love a new lock screen policy to be updated that we can use but until then this will do!:*)

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Hi! I have the same complaint...check out this app.. GO LOCKER. It totally locks everything from showing on the phone when it's locked! You get the little icons at the top but no annoying message or mismissed call previews on sceeen. Not as good as lock screen policy because you can't turn off your alarm without unlocking the phone. You also don't have the emergency dialers access because the screen is locked. You CAN answer calls! Would love a new lock screen policy to be updated that we can use but until then this will do!:*)

The dev for Lockscreen Policy updated the app and added the ability for the option to uninstall the app for phones that the app won't work on. Including Samsung devices on 4.4.2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith