Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Heisenberg
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default App like Lockscreen Policy to disable lockscreen widgets?

So I've always used Lockscreen Policy when using Android in order to disable the Messaging widgets on the lock screen. However, LP isn't working on 4.4.2 KitKat (AT&T). Is there anything similar anyone can recommend without it being a complete lock screen change type app?

Input and suggestions will be much appreciated. Thanks (:
    Formerly forever29
    iPhone 5S 64GB
    Galaxy Note 3
    iPad Mini with Retina 32gb

Default Re: App like Lockscreen Policy to disable lockscreen widgets?

Checking with the guys for you .

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.
    Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.
    Thanked by:

The ability to disable lockscreen widgets has been added as a setting itself in 4.4; in stock Android it's found at Settings > Security > Enable widgets. That's probably your best bet, short of using a third-party lockscreen replacement. On the Note 3, the widgets are disabled if you set a security method (e.g. a PIN or pattern lock)... at least I think that behavior is retained with the 4.4 update. I do believe that removes quick camera access as well, though.
    Thanked by 2:
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Yeah. I read about that ability being available in the security settings in kit kat. Unfortunately it's not in the settings for 4.4.2 on att. I have a pin lock and the widget still comes. I guess I'll just wait and see if the dev updates lockscreen policy. Thanks for the replies, guys.
    Formerly forever29
    iPhone 5S 64GB
    Galaxy Note 3
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Bumping this to see if anything new has come about for this problem. Lockscreen policy hasn't been updated and I've searched pretty hard for a solution. Just hoping something has come about since May 2nd...
    Formerly forever29
    iPhone 5S 64GB
    Galaxy Note 3

If you're just trying to turn off the messaging popup on the lockscreen you can do that in message settings. Under the More tab, uncheck Preview.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

It is off. It doesn't turn off the widget though.
    Formerly forever29
    iPhone 5S 64GB
    Galaxy Note 3

Hi! I have the same complaint...check out this app.. GO LOCKER. It totally locks everything from showing on the phone when it's locked! You get the little icons at the top but no annoying message or mismissed call previews on sceeen. Not as good as lock screen policy because you can't turn off your alarm without unlocking the phone. You also don't have the emergency dialers access because the screen is locked. You CAN answer calls! Would love a new lock screen policy to be updated that we can use but until then this will do!:*)
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Quote Originally Posted by 1princess View Post
    Hi! I have the same complaint...check out this app.. GO LOCKER. It totally locks everything from showing on the phone when it's locked! You get the little icons at the top but no annoying message or mismissed call previews on sceeen. Not as good as lock screen policy because you can't turn off your alarm without unlocking the phone. You also don't have the emergency dialers access because the screen is locked. You CAN answer calls! Would love a new lock screen policy to be updated that we can use but until then this will do!:*)
    The dev for Lockscreen Policy updated the app and added the ability for the option to uninstall the app for phones that the app won't work on. Including Samsung devices on 4.4.2
    Formerly forever29
    iPhone 5S 64GB
    Galaxy Note 3

Smile Re: App like Lockscreen Policy to disable lockscreen widgets?

so.....does it get rid of the annoying missed call or message widgets? If so what is the ap called?