Best extended battery/case combo for Note 3!

Grand Master K

May 2, 2014
Visit site
I bought a MJP for a different phone not that long ago. It was supposed to be higher capacity but only lasted about half as long as the OEM one. I gave it several complete cycles and it still sucked. It could have been a bum battery but I wouldnt bother with them again.

Rmedy21

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
I had the anker 6400 battery with the Hyperion tpu cover case. I noticed that the battery made my phone sluggish and slow. I couldn't recommend that battery. I can recommend the Hyperion extended battery it works great.

Posted via Android Central App

mchi5

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
I highly recommend the Anker 6400 mAh extended battery. Unlike the post above I never experience the Note 3 becoming sluggish or slow. It doesn't seem any different than a stock battery - except it doubled the battery life!

I went with the Anker because I didn't want a brick like the Zerolemon and this was a good compromise. Double the battery life with just a bit more weight, but not that much

As for a case I have both the TPU case and the Seidio Dilex extended case. For overall feel and more protection the seidio is way better. It also looks better too. Unfortunately I hate the honeycomb look of the Hyperion TPU case.

Good luck but you'll love not having to charge your note so much if you get either of the extended batteries!

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk

mchi5

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
It appears the Seido Dilex case is my best option for the most protection. I suppose I could have a screen protector installed and that be about as good as anything. Would you guys agree?

Yes I forgot to mention. If you get the Anker extended battery, Seidio dilex extended case, get a tempered glass screen protector for your phone and your phone will be fully protected. There is no issues with the tempered glass and seidio case. That's what I have and love it :)

robertmarkbram

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Yes I forgot to mention. If you get the Anker extended battery, Seidio dilex extended case, get a tempered glass screen protector for your phone and your phone will be fully protected. There is no issues with the tempered glass and seidio case. That's what I have and love it :)

Are you talking about the separate purchases here? Battery, case and screen protector - or did the screen protector come with the case is something else?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using AC Forums mobile app

mchi5

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
Are you talking about the separate purchases here? Battery, case and screen protector - or did the screen protector come with the case is something else?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using AC Forums mobile app

No all separate purchases. I got the tempered glass screen protector at a local AT&T store and they installed it for me. The extended battery and case I bought each separately from Amazon

MSkuba84

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site
Hi guys! I am new to the Note 3 family as I just left the Motorola Droid one after having it up to here^ with my Droid 4 and its horrendous battery life. As soon as I had the chance to remove a battery again, I looked into extended batteries and of course, the cases that fit the different sized ones. So I settled on the Anker 6400mAh. I also got the Hyperion case that has the problems on the sides where it won't fit properly. This lead me to seeking out a higher quality case. That search led me to this post. So I've been reading about the Seidio Dilex case and people saying that it fits perfectly. Its a bit expensive on Amazon, so that turned me to Ebay. Now what I am looking to find out is if the ones I found on Ebay are the same as the ones you guys mentioned here...

Seidio Active Dilex Hard Armor Case Kickstand for Samsung Galaxy Note 3 III | eBay

Seidio Dilex Case Cover w Metal Kickstand for Samsung Galaxy Note 3 III White | eBay

Last edited:

mchi5

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
Hi guys! I am new to the Note 3 family as I just left the Motorola Droid one after having it up to here^ with my Droid 4 and its horrendous battery life. As soon as I had the chance to remove a battery again, I looked into extended batteries and of course, the cases that fit the different sized ones. So I settled on the Anker 6400mAh. I also got the Hyperion case that has the problems on the sides where it won't fit properly. This lead me to seeking out a higher quality case. That search led me to this post. So I've been reading about the Seidio Dilex case and people saying that it fits perfectly. Its a bit expensive on Amazon, so that turned me to Ebay. Now what I am looking to find out is if the ones I found on Ebay are the same as the ones you guys mentioned here...

Seidio Active Dilex Hard Armor Case Kickstand for Samsung Galaxy Note 3 III | eBay

Seidio Dilex Case Cover w Metal Kickstand for Samsung Galaxy Note 3 III White | eBay

You have to be careful. I don't think these are meant for extended battery ones. Seidio sells the dilex cases for Note 3 with normal battery and for extended battery.

Make sure it says it is meant for note 3 with extended battery.

Although it is a bit more expensive than the Hyperion tpu case, you're paying for more protection, and IMO, better quality and looking case.

mchi5

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
Well I try to stay away from eBay because a lot of times the sellers description isn't very good. I prefer. Amazon

This first one is for normal Note 3, no extended battery:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00FE...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU3643553

Second link below is for extended battery only. Notice how in title and description it says for use with extended battery only.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00HY...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU3643553

Hope that helps

MSkuba84

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site
Well I try to stay away from eBay because a lot of times the sellers description isn't very good. I prefer. Amazon

This first one is for normal Note 3, no extended battery:

Seidio CSK3SSGT3K-BK DILEX Case with Metal Kickstand for use with Samsung Galaxy Note 3 - Black:Amazon:Cell Phones & Accessories

Second link below is for extended battery only. Notice how in title and description it says for use with extended battery only.

Seidio DILEX Extended Case with Metal Kickstand for Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (Needs Seidio Innocell 4800mAh Extended Battery Installed) - Retail Packaging - Black:Amazon:Cell Phones & Accessories

Hope that helps

Thanks for clearing that up that there are 2 different models. I actually went to Seidio's website to double check, sure enough there was 2 different models. So, it appears that they only make the extended battery case in black. That is a bit of a bummer considering that the base model case has so many different colors. Or am I just not seeing that there are different colors for the extended battery case?

Thanks for wanting to help me :D

mchi5

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for clearing that up that there are 2 different models. I actually went to Seidio's website to double check, sure enough there was 2 different models. So, it appears that they only make the extended battery case in black. That is a bit of a bummer considering that the base model case has so many different colors. Or am I just not seeing that there are different colors for the extended battery case?

Thanks for wanting to help me :D

Yeah looks like the extended battery one is only in black. Which is fine with me because it looks pretty good in black

MSkuba84

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site
I bought the case off Ebay since it was a couple $s less than the Amazon one out the door. It's too bad they didn't make them in different colors than black, but it is what it is and I'm sure no matter what color it is, the job will get done.

Whoever may read this...if you get the Hyperion or Anker 6400mAh extended batteries, DO NOT GET THE HYPERION TPU CASE!!! It has flappy sides and offers very little protection. If you are going to get an extended battery, be prepared before hand that you are going to need the Seidio Dilex extended battery case with model #CSK3SSGT3KX-BK as stated from their direct website. We got very lucky that the Innocell 4800mAh extended batteries have a great case to go along with it that fit our more powerful batteries!

mchi5

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
I agree. I have the Hyperion TPU case also. And really don't like it. At least it was cheap lol

shizam76

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
So if you get the Hyperion 6500 mAh battery....can you use the better Seidio 4800 mAh black case with it?

Last edited by a moderator:

tankdog03

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
I use the Anker 6400 battery and love the freedom it gives me from the charger. Seidio makes a case for their extended battery that also fits the 6400 perfectly right from the package. I have modified the Otterbox Defender so that it also works and fits like it should. I switch back and forth, so mentally it's like a new phone after the swap.

Sent from my SM-T310 using AC Forums mobile app
Can we see pics of this modified otterbox?

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

tankdog03

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
Sedio need to make a better case like the rugged extended battery case the made for the evo 4g.. and have it waterproof

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

bennyblanco2750

Aug 10, 2014
Visit site
I recently purchased the seidio innocell 4800mah extended battery and the battery life isn't all that great. I'm averaging about 15 hours or so before a charge. Are there any settings I should change or should I do a factory reset?

mchi5

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
I recently purchased the seidio innocell 4800mah extended battery and the battery life isn't all that great. I'm averaging about 15 hours or so before a charge. Are there any settings I should change or should I do a factory reset?

Are you on Kitkat? Because if you are there has been a ton of posts on how Kitkat has been horrible for your battery

But you have to remember the stock note 3 battery is already 3200 mah, so your extended battery at 4800 isn't going to double your battery life, maybe at the most 1.5 times normal.

With my Anker 6400 mah extended battery, you'd naturally expect double Battery life (by the simple math) but in reality I've seen more than double the stock battery life

sent from my Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk

bennyblanco2750

Aug 10, 2014
Visit site
I didn't expect double battery life. Just a little bit longer than the stock battery. After going through a few charging cycles, battery life is pretty good. I'm getting about a day and 12,15 hrs. I don't mind the added bulk of the battery. How much bulk does the anker add to the note?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463