How do I reset my auto correct?

JustinJK

May 3, 2014
Visit site
Is there any way to reset auto correct back to before it learned, apparently, all of my bad texting behaviors. After each word it wants to auto cap the first letter of each word. It also randomly all caps some of my words. Yes, I get excited >sometimes<, but not that often. It'll also even autofill 3-4 words at a time, which I don't even understand. It's completely bizarre, and texting is becoming increasingly a challenge. I actually really like autocorrect for when it corrects words to what they need to be, which it does very seldom now. I think it's learned all of my drunk behaviors, haha.

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
Hi and welcome to Android Central.

if you are using the built in Samsung keyboard, you may have found some of these setting already.

Settings - Controls _ Language and Input - Samsung keyboard wheel - Auto capitalisation off, - Touch Predictive text (on) - Personalisation, clear what you want - Personalised Data (off) - back Predictive text off. Or choose what you want on and off.

z06mike

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
Go to settings>general > application manager > filter: all> Samsung keyboard and clear data. That will erase everything from the keyboard. Also, I HIGHLY RECOMMEND you try SwiftKey!!

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

JustinJK

May 3, 2014
Visit site
Go to settings>general > application manager > filter: all> Samsung keyboard and clear data. That will erase everything from the keyboard. Also, I HIGHLY RECOMMEND you try SwiftKey!!

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Thanks! That's exactly what I needed!

I use the built in Swype test for a lot of things. SwiftKey is an app for a different keyboard, right?

ComposerLady

Oct 5, 2017
Visit site
Here's what worked for me running droid 7.0

Go to settings, and in the search type 'Samsung Keyboard' and towards the bottom of the screen choose 'Reset Default'

Or if you want to feel good about being an advanced user lol
Go to Settings then Advanced Features, then Onscreen Keyboards, then Samsung Keyboards scroll towards the bottom and choose Reset to Default
Lol I hope this helps someone. I was shut down multiple times for using too many Unicode LOL

DvacVets

Feb 14, 2018
Visit site
This was the only recommendation that worked-
thanks!
Here's what worked for me running droid 7.0

Go to settings, and in the search type 'Samsung Keyboard' and towards the bottom of the screen choose 'Reset Default'

Or if you want to feel good about being an advanced user lol
Go to Settings then Advanced Features, then Onscreen Keyboards, then Samsung Keyboards scroll towards the bottom and choose Reset to Default
Lol I hope this helps someone. I was shut down multiple times for using too many Unicode LOL

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jan