Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Madd54
  • 1 Post By z06mike
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default How do I reset my auto correct?

Is there any way to reset auto correct back to before it learned, apparently, all of my bad texting behaviors. After each word it wants to auto cap the first letter of each word. It also randomly all caps some of my words. Yes, I get excited >sometimes<, but not that often. It'll also even autofill 3-4 words at a time, which I don't even understand. It's completely bizarre, and texting is becoming increasingly a challenge. I actually really like autocorrect for when it corrects words to what they need to be, which it does very seldom now. I think it's learned all of my drunk behaviors, haha.

Thanks

Default Re: How do I reset my auto correct?

Hi and welcome to Android Central.

if you are using the built in Samsung keyboard, you may have found some of these setting already.

Settings - Controls _ Language and Input - Samsung keyboard wheel - Auto capitalisation off, - Touch Predictive text (on) - Personalisation, clear what you want - Personalised Data (off) - back Predictive text off. Or choose what you want on and off.
    Jalopiejoe likes this.

Go to settings>general > application manager > filter: all> Samsung keyboard and clear data. That will erase everything from the keyboard. Also, I HIGHLY RECOMMEND you try SwiftKey!!

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
    Madd54 likes this.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Quote Originally Posted by z06mike View Post
    Go to settings>general > application manager > filter: all> Samsung keyboard and clear data. That will erase everything from the keyboard. Also, I HIGHLY RECOMMEND you try SwiftKey!!

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
    Thanks! That's exactly what I needed!

I use the built in Swype test for a lot of things. SwiftKey is an app for a different keyboard, right?