Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Unhappy Set Warranty Bit : kernel

Hi Guys,

This afternoon a prompt for a Software update appeared, I okayed it without thinking twice. Then it auto shut down for a reboot and never came back up. Its is stuck on boot screen with yellow writing top left Set Warranty Bit : kernel

I can't use the phone at all. Please could you help!!

Default Re: Set Warranty Bit : kernel

For whatever reason it appears the update that you agreed to has corrupted your boot.

My only advice is to download odin on your pc.

Make sure when you connect your Note 3 to your pc the correct drivers are installed (in odin their will either be a solid green or blue status bar).

Go to Sammobile to get the correct firmware for your specific device.

Open odin, connect your device (make sure your in download mode first, by holding power,home, volume down for a few seconds, then press volume up.

Place the file in AP and flash.

Hope this helps.

Posted via Android Central App

Very strange. Are you rooted? If not, you have two choices: a) take the phone back and get a new one (probably a refurb actually) or b) use Odin as Duncan said, to get back to stock.

Don't worry, it's not hard to do and we'll help you through the process if you need help.

Hello all, I need desperate help as I feel Samsung is cheating me with charging for a problem that should be covered in my warranty. I got the exact same message for my S5 that I bought a month ago- bit warranty Kernel. And now there are saying that a new software has been installed in my phone which has voided my warranty and ruined my phone.. and that I ll have to pay almost 1/3 of the price i brought it for.. i am super upset about this as its not a cheap phone and now they are blaming for some software issues in the phone.. which I dont think has anything to do with me. Please advise how i should apprach this as I am not a savvy person with technology and i feel they are taking advantage of that..

Quote Originally Posted by MuskaanS View Post
    Hello all, I need desperate help as I feel Samsung is cheating me with charging for a problem that should be covered in my warranty. I got the exact same message for my S5 that I bought a month ago- bit warranty Kernel. And now there are saying that a new software has been installed in my phone which has voided my warranty and ruined my phone.. and that I ll have to pay almost 1/3 of the price i brought it for.. i am super upset about this as its not a cheap phone and now they are blaming for some software issues in the phone.. which I dont think has anything to do with me. Please advise how i should apprach this as I am not a savvy person with technology and i feel they are taking advantage of that..
    Did you already send the phone to them? Can you get into download mode?

The exact thing happened to me today in London. Samsung voided my warranty telling me that i downloaded a software! I have the phone for 40 days only! It never worked well by the way.

I'm having the same problem on my Sprint S5. I've tried going back to stock firmware and it's still getting stuck on the sprint GS5 startup screen with the set warranty bit: kernel at the top. I tried to just flash the stock kernel in Odin and get a md5 binary error.
    After flashing the stock firmware I had a recovery error, so I flashed philz and the it went back to the set warranty but: kernel.
    I had my phone in my pocket and when I took it out it was on the GS5 startup screen with the kernel message, so I'm not even sure how it got to that screen.
    Any help would be much appreciated

Hey All, I just got the SET WARRANTY BIT : KERNEL at a very important time where I needed my phone the most! This is so frustrating, I have had the phone for 30 days only and it is the worse phone I have owned so far! Samsung S5, NEVER AGAIN!!! two brands off my list, HP and SUMSUNG

Thats imposible.
    When you are in set warranty bit: Kernel mode you cant enter to download mode by pressing
    volume down power and menu... so... ¿What can I do?

Thanks

I just got my phone yesterday and it started acting funny rebooting and what not, then this morning it just got the load up screen showing just the Note4 android black screen with a yellow lettering on the top left corner saying set warranty bit kernel WTF so disappointed in this, my note 2 had zero issues, and expected a lot more from the Note 4. i keep Rebooting it with the down volume home button and on/off button and it seems to fix it for a while. Going to sprint today hopefully they have one on hand to swap out with.

Hello

has anyone found a solution for this error ?
    I am having the same thing with my MEGA.

Even recovery wont boot. I get the yellow message and phone keeps on rebooting.

I flashed the stock rom again with odin but still the same.

Global Posts
    10,438 Global Posts
    ROM
    Modified Stock 4.4.2

If you flashed the ROM, it's your problem. Your carrier may help you, if you play dumb and tell them it happened after an update. Which is why you should let them update the phone (over the air). Then if anything goes wrong, it's their problem to fix or replace the phone.

The same happened with me when I installed a rom in my grand 2 , I was stuck on the Brand logo
    Then I wiped all data/cache partition
    Then I installed another rom and flashed the device (I hope you know how to flash, if you don't then ask me ! )
    Everything seemed to be working fine then.
    I would recommend you to install the stock rom and unroot your device if possible !
    Hope it helps !