Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By jpr
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Note 3 to "s view screen" when s-view cover folded back.

If I fold back - all the way - the genuine samsung s-view cover, the screen shows the s-view screen, and not whatever I was looking at.

Help? Thanks!

Note 3 on T-Mobile.

Default Re: Note 3 to "s view screen" when s-view cover folded back.

I've only heard of that happening on fake or knock off covers. It has never happened on mine and i use the thing folded back all day every day. If it's a genuine Samsung cover then you should be able to return it as defective for a replacement since it would be a defect on a genuine S-view.
    Thanked by:
    cjohnson421 likes this.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Ouch...guess I don't have an official case...

Where did you buy it?

Scribbled on my Note 3 and then translated into readable words using Tapatalk
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Yeah...bought it on EBAY. Looked good, bulk packaging, etc. I have over 400 feedback on Ebay, first time this has happened. Oh well...

Yeah. It happens sometimes. I just bought a bumper case that I thought was legit... Not so much. Paint started to peel off on the first day. Those are the chances you take... #firstworldproblems

Scribbled on my Note 3 and then translated into readable words using Tapatalk

mine does the same thing...guess mine is fake too. That makes TWO items, BOTH in retail packaging, BOTH from Samsung, that were FAKE!! my memory card was a dud as well. Can trust buying any accessories online any more.. they are counterfeiting everything... even the packages!

Quote Originally Posted by cjohnson421 View Post
    mine does the same thing...guess mine is fake too. That makes TWO items, BOTH in retail packaging, BOTH from Samsung, that were FAKE!! my memory card was a dud as well. Can trust buying any accessories online any more.. they are counterfeiting everything... even the packages!
    If they were actually from Samsung you could return for a replacement. The reason this happens with the cases is the magnet is either of the wrong strength or in the wrong place. That is why it is common on fakes because they don't have the same quality control and may not even know the right specs for the magnet. It's not that it is impossible to happen on a genuine case (any product can be faulty) but it would be an anomalous defect on a genuine case and is rare and could be returned for replacement.

However, if you bought off eBay or Amazon or such places then yes the counterfeits will sometimes visibly be exact replicas including the packaging and you can really expect the majority of these types of items sold there to be fake these days. I mentioned in another thread how I ended up getting counterfeit Samsung batteries off eBay that were identical in every way visually and that was including the packaging.