Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Hangouts notification problem

I'm not sure if this is a feature or a bug but whenever I am playing music through spotify with my headphones plugged in on my Note 3, my hangouts notifcation (whether it be a text or hangout) pauses the music and plays the sound through the phone speaker, not the headphones..

Can anyone confirm this and tell me if there is a workaround? It's kind of annoying that it pauses my music and doesn't even play the notification through the headphones.
    Banned

Global Posts
    706 Global Posts

Default Re: Hangouts notification problem

Quote Originally Posted by blink1me82 View Post
    I'm not sure if this is a feature or a bug but whenever I am playing music through spotify with my headphones plugged in on my Note 3, my hangouts notifcation (whether it be a text or hangout) pauses the music and plays the sound through the phone speaker, not the headphones..

Can anyone confirm this and tell me if there is a workaround? It's kind of annoying that it pauses my music and doesn't even play the notification through the headphones.
    Yes, it might be a bug because its not happening with mine when hangout notification comes the music player pauses for a second but as soon as it pauses it automatically starts in headphone not in the speaker. So I am consider it as a bug in your device try reporting this bug to the samsung community.

Default Re: Hangouts notification problem

I quit using hangouts all together because it ended up screwing up all my notifications for everything on my phone. After 3 hours of upper level tech support with Verizon, he said he found a "known issue" and advised me to uninstsll Google hangouts.

Posted via Android Central App